PDA

View Full Version : biggest ported box

jbl_marshall21
05-02-2003, 11:14 PM
how big of a ported box do u guys think u could fit in ur car? seats down or whatever. a huge wall if u have to. just how big?

i can get 41.1 cu ft. maybe could get bigger. that rough look and measure. if i would make a box this big, then i would 8" irrigation piple for a port. lol

awalbert88
05-03-2003, 10:50 AM
I think I could probably manage about 15-20cuft in mine, if I built it as a really odd shape. Like, filling the trunk, then coming through into the cabin and filling the rear and passenger seat area. Mustang's just don't have a lot of room for that sort of thing. Heck, designing a 1.4cuft sealed box (after sub displacement) that wouldn't eat my whole trunk was a pain in the butt. Of course, now that it's done, I'm mighty proud of how it worked out, since I can still get the spare tire out and I haven't sacrificed any interior room either.

I'd almost think that if you wanted to build a massive ported box in a car like a Mustang, you'd have to build the entire vehicle as the box and then have the ports firing outside the car.

jbl_marshall21
05-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by awalbert88

I'd almost think that if you wanted to build a massive ported box in a car like a Mustang, you'd have to build the entire vehicle as the box and then have the ports firing outside the car.

i really like that idea. lmao

ws140
05-03-2003, 12:23 PM
I could fit 15 ft^3 in my trunk if I wanted nothing else besides a box.

mgaidica
05-03-2003, 02:12 PM
manufacturers say i got 13 cu ft trunk, so maybe if i fiberglassed it and its spare wheel well...

dave_3148
05-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jbl_marshall21
how big of a ported box do u guys think u could fit in ur car? seats down or whatever. a huge wall if u have to. just how big?

i can get 41.1 cu ft. maybe could get bigger. that rough look and measure. if i would make a box this big, then i would 8" irrigation piple for a port. lol

thats alot of space...

HUDI
05-03-2003, 03:38 PM
i have ay 30 cu ft box in my car know . i rekon going on whats in there know i be able to squeez 90cu ft but **** it be 1 hell of a horn box . lol ?? can we put the amps on the inside of the box :p . ow i drive a hiace van

jbl_marshall21
05-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by dave_3148
thats alot of space...

thats just with the backseats down. if i would make a a weird box so it took up the front seat too then it would be like 43 cu ft.

what the hell would u put in a 43 cu ft box?

dave_3148
05-03-2003, 07:24 PM
thats just with the backseats down. if i would make a a weird box so it took up the front seat too then it would be like 43 cu ft.

what the hell would u put in a 43 cu ft box?

a hottub

Brock
05-03-2003, 07:30 PM
a hottub

and latina girls...

jbl_marshall21
05-03-2003, 10:45 PM
i already have had latina girls in there.

that was last week.

how much does a 120 volt to 12 volt converter cost? i need to know cuz i got caught with the girls so no more driving for a while so i am hooking up my subs in my room.

dave_3148
05-04-2003, 06:52 AM
i already have had latina girls in there.

that was last week.

how much does a 120 volt to 12 volt converter cost? i need to know cuz i got caught with the girls so no more driving for a while so i am hooking up my subs in my room.

dont know anything bout those. i ssaw a couple on ebay a while back.

btw: you run track? what ya run?

awalbert88
05-04-2003, 11:41 AM
dont know anything bout those. i ssaw a couple on ebay a while back.

****, my first thought was "you saw latina girls for sale on ebay?!"

Anyway..

You can hit up RadioShack for some ac-dc inverters, but most of them are fairly low amperage. What amp are you looking to run?

If you're electronically inclined, you can get yourself a computer power supply that can handle 30-40A @ 12V DC for like $50 online and rig it up to drive a car amplifier. I actually did this before and it worked great. If you want more details on how to do it, let me know, since it's not a good idea to get into it unless you know exactly what you're doing (trust me, after being electrocuted three times while working on it, I got smart about it).

jbl_marshall21
05-04-2003, 04:54 PM
well no i don't run track. i did golf this year. back in junior high i ran the 400, 200, 100, sprinting relays and did triple jump. in the 400 my best time was 60 flat, 200 was 25.9, and hundred was 12.8 so that was when i was when i was fat and after lifting weights this year i think i could do better.

well i am looking to run the pioneer amp in my signature.

if i ordered an ed k tomorrow, do u think i could get in on the first batch of subs?

HUDI
05-04-2003, 05:40 PM
i take it this been along same sort way u get some amps &suabs stuff working of a pc .thats what i whant to do ???????????:banghead:

dave_3148
05-04-2003, 05:53 PM
well no i don't run track. i did golf this year. back in junior high i ran the 400, 200, 100, sprinting relays and did triple jump. in the 400 my best time was 60 flat, 200 was 25.9, and hundred was 12.8 so that was when i was when i was fat and after lifting weights this year i think i could do better.

well i am looking to run the pioneer amp in my signature.

if i ordered an ed k tomorrow, do u think i could get in on the first batch of subs?

not bad at all for middle school times. our track teams going to compete in state next week and they are supposed to win. they have my *** running the 2 and 1mile. i am the only white guys that runs so i really cant compete with most of the black dudes in sprints (our regional results are at http://www.texastrack.com/03t_region_3-3A.htm were jasper) but they cant touch me in long distance. i know you prolly dont care about track but im really excited for all my team mates next weekend and im thinking about it alot.

jbl_marshall21
05-05-2003, 11:52 AM
**** black guys. jk. good luck

back to the main topic how big of a ported box can u fit?

tommyk90
05-05-2003, 07:59 PM
How many cubic feet huh? Well, i can get about 3 out of the cab, then, oh yeah, a long bed! i should put 8 XXX's in the back and just rattle my truck to pieces. I wonder how much i can get out the bed. It'd be even better if i had a camper shell too.

paikiah
05-05-2003, 08:02 PM
I could fit quite a bit in my kia minivan... no as much as a hiace van, but still, quite a lot.