PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 980BT and bluetooth

mannyahles
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I was originally going to buy the Alpine 9887 for SQ but when I read the reviews for their bluetooth I decided to go with the Pioneer 980BT. It is built in and seems to be reliable and no major echo.

I have a stock JBL HU with BT in my 08 Tundra and my wife tells me not to call her when I am in the truck! She hates the echo!! So a good BT is important to me.

kidwolf909
03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Are you asking a question here? I can't really tell...

mannyahles
03-20-2008, 05:46 PM
I am looking for opinions? How does the BT work for people on this forum.....??

XxSuperAdamxX
03-20-2008, 05:48 PM
dunno how the BT works but...980BT looks like a nice HU though.

mannyahles
03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I am hoping that I will be happy with the SQ. But it is hard to find the complete package deal with SQ, features, adjustability, BT, Ipod, etc etc etc....!!!

kidwolf909
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I am hoping that I will be happy with the SQ. But it is hard to find the complete package deal with SQ, features, adjustability, BT, Ipod, etc etc etc....!!!

Check out the Eclipse CD7200mkII. You might like it. It has all those features you want, USB, BT, Ipod, HD radio, Sat radio. And it's as much SQ oriented as the Premier 880PRS. Even more so in some senses. It has an 11-band PEQ, Tim Alignment, Copper Chassis, 3-way active capable, no internal amplifier, 8 volt gold pre outs... pretty nice.

I just got mine put in the other day, lovin it so far :)

RainStryke
03-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Ive got the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT (Same exact thing as the 980BT, just one says Primere... Not kiddin'.)

I havnt gotten around to plugging in the Mic for it... Havnt gotten to use it. If your looking for a good bluetooth headset, you should get a Jawbone... Those are like the best on the market.

As for the Pioneer 9800BT, I love it... It's made my sound so much more crisp and clear from my old DEH-P9300. It's got a lot of cool stuff you can do with it... It even has some kinda thing for blue tooth radio... still have a lot of learning on this headunit... Im thinking about getting XM radio back too...

Jdm94Coupe
03-21-2008, 01:17 AM
you know your bluetooth is echoing to people because you have your volume too high right.... its coming out the speakers too loud thats why people can hear themselves..... i had the same problem but now i play my volume at the right level and everything is wonderful.... get the 9887 i have no issues with my bluetooth at all.... you just have to take time to figure every little tweek right!! i hope I've helped you at all.....

RainStryke
03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Your bluetooth echo's when you have a low quality bluetooth... The JawBone doesnt echo at all.. You shouldnt have to turn down the volume on a headset...

Now if your talking about having up your car stereo speakers up too loud... That can cause it to echo easily... cause you are speaking into a mic.