PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount my RSD tweets..Suggestions please..

Bipolar
03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I have read a lot about people mounting there component tweeters in the kick panels. I assume this is for better staging/imaging, which I don't understand at all. I was going to mount the tweeter high actually above the mid in the door of my 01 Neon, just figured I would have a good unobstructed location there.. I hate the way my leg gets in the way of my mid driver all the time. Anyway, is this a mistake? Should I go for the kick panel instead? I have no problems with moving it around to see where I like it the best or to find the sweet spot but figured I would go ahead and ask here first...Thanks guys..

DejaWiz
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
It's all going to come down to your preference after a lot of trial and error.

ronjon228
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Mount them as close to the woofer as you can. I found they sound best within 12" of the woofer myself. I was using my Infinity tweets up in the a-pillar and I didn't like the way the RSD's sounded up there. I put them in my doors, factory located, about a foot away from the woofers.

On another note, I JUST made a thread about this less than 2 days ago. Doing a looking searching/looking may be a good idea. Not trying to be forum police, just trying to keep things from getting cluttered up.

Etac
03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
in both my installations i had the tweeters high at first.. but ended up moving them down in the kicks and never went back... i have mine pointed slightly up and aimed to the center of my car

having your leg blocking the speaker does **** - i have the same problem. just change the balance a little to the left if youre the only person in the car.. it might not be perfect but helps

with the tweeters mounted up high - the tweeter closest to you is usually the problem IMO... it causes timing issues... and you have a 3-5khz tone pointing straight at your ear... which tends to drown out other sounds..having the tweet in the kicks helps reduce harshness at high levels... sounds more distant, which in my opinion sounds better. and overall you're stage doesnt become "that much lower" if setup properly