PDA

View Full Version : Help building a box!

Rhyianp
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
i need some info on all the tools i need to build my own ported box. what other stuff would i need to get to build one and about how much would this cost?:confused:

BuckyBoy
03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Glue and wood. You will need something to keep the joints tight to like clamps, or if you have a drill then put some screws in there. That's basically all you need unless you want to do the cutting yourself. Are you from LaGrange, GA? If so, I can build the box and then you could meet me halfway. Let me know if you are interested.

Rhyianp
03-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Glue and wood. You will need something to keep the joints tight to like clamps, or if you have a drill then put some screws in there. That's basically all you need unless you want to do the cutting yourself. Are you from LaGrange, GA? If so, I can build the box and then you could meet me halfway. Let me know if you are interested.

Ok. Yes, How much?

morgans432
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
he does great work too man. you won't be dissapointed in buckyboy

Rhyianp
03-20-2008, 09:28 PM
he does great work too man. you won't be dissapointed in buckyboy

Thanks for the tip!

miker
03-20-2008, 09:29 PM
IF you have the space, and WANT to build your own boxes, def. invest in some tools.. Other wise hire someone on these boards, and you'll be very happy with what you get.

BushJ311
03-20-2008, 10:13 PM
It is going to be more to build your own if you are only planning on using the tools for this.
i built mine at school for free. i just paid for wood and glue.

BuckyBoy
03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Ok. Yes, How much?
Shoot me a PM with as much information as you can think of about what you want. Sub(s), amp, vehicle, max dimensions, if you want carpet then what color, anything special you want done with the box. I will get back to you and we will work something out. Check out my website for some of my recent work... www.smcustomz.com

Rhyianp
03-21-2008, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=BuckyBoy;4380388]Shoot me a PM with as much information as you can think of about what you want. Sub(s), amp, vehicle, max dimensions, if you want carpet then what color, anything special you want done with the box. I will get back to you and we will work something out. Check out my website for some of my recent work... www.smcustomz.com[/QUOTE

Ok i will get the information to you as soon as i can but i wasn"t planning on getting any boxes until i got the subs but i was hoping to get a pair of boston acoustics G5 12's