PDA

View Full Version : Quick Help On Tweeters

JohnnyB4439
03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I got the stock tweeters out and I got a pair of XSite tweeters to go in its place. How exactly do I wire these. Do I need to use the capactor on the stock tweeter? Or do I need to just go get a crossover for them. Im not sure how to hook it up.

Heres the site for the tweeters.
http://www.xsiteusa.com/components.html

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/johnnyb4439/DSC04590.jpg

Etac
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
hmmm where to begin lol

i mean you can use the capicitor the stock tweeter came with (probaly better than nothing) which my guess is around 5k range.. at a 6db slope.. but if the resistance on the tweeter is different than the new one.. the crossover point will change....

but also keep in mind..

crossovers are ideal.. since im guessing your mid doesnt have any crossover or capicitor.. it will play into the higher frequiencies without being cut off and you will have some peaks and breakups.. , you really cant just use any crossover because it all depends on how high your mids can play.. how low the tweets can play.. and sensativity is also an issue here.. and just grabbing a random tweeter without looking at those specs.. complicates things even more

JohnnyB4439
03-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Well see the thing is, I went with a Pioneer coaxial setup for my fronts because I really wasn't planning on messing with the stock tweeters, but since my friend gave me these tweeters I figured why not put them in? But I need a way to cut off the full range to the tweeters.

Etac
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
im confused.. you just said you're running coaxials.. but then what tweeter is that up there?

JohnnyB4439
03-19-2008, 09:51 PM
The way my car is setup. Theres two tweeters in the dash, two front door speakers and two rear speakers. Now the front door speakers are basically just a midrange speaker with no tweeters (stock). But you can put a full range speaker in there without any problem, and the tweeters just have a bass blocker on both of them. There is no stock crossover anywhere in the car. I was originally going to put a component set up front but I just saved money and went with the coaxial setup.

Etac
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
so two tweeters in the dash and just mids in the doors up front.. sounds like a component setup to me.. minus the crossovers..

JohnnyB4439
03-19-2008, 09:55 PM
yeah thats how it is stock. But I replaced the fronts with Pioneer Coaxial's and I just want to put in these tweeters where the stock tweeters were without frying them because it would send a full range signal to them.

Etac
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok =] lol sorry

well you're probaly just better off running the tweets off the coax..

JohnnyB4439
03-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I hooked it up for a second just to listen to it and it sounded **** good. I'm wondering if these have a built in crossover. It kind of seems that way when I read the specs. Would you even notice if your tweets were running at full range, obviously before they burnt up?