PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with component set?

standard85
03-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I have the Kicker KS6.2 component set and everything is hooked up right and was working great until I realized that the left door 6" speaker in the door stopped working right. It used to be loud and clear and after about 2 weeks of having them hooked up to a 100 watt rockford 2 channel amp, the speaker is now not as loud as it was and is no where close to sounding like the right door speaker, but still works but isnt loud and doesnt sound as clear as the other. The peak watts are 150 and RMS 75. thanks

blackbonnie
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
fade everything to the left and see if it is sounding distorted on bass notes, and make sure you have all your connections secured. are you running both sides to different channels, or is your amp bridged?

standard85
03-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I have them on a 2 channel amp so each 6" and tweeter hooked up to the crossover have there own channel, no bridging. And when I use the cd player to fade it to the left (which is the messed up 6" speaker) the 6" mid is only half as loud as the right 6" mid when I fade it to to the right 6" mid and the left one doesnt sound as clear. It still puts out music just not as loud and clear as the other, I checked all connection to the amp, speakers, cd player, and crossovers and everything is right. thanks

01 S 10
03-19-2008, 10:58 PM
maybe you have a blown tweeter? try listening to just both tweeters side by side and just both mids side by side.