PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Gold RSD 65cs tweeter location

ronjon228
03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Well all, as the title says, I'm looking for the best tweeter position for my RSD comps. Right now, I don't have them mounted up. Just hooked them up really quick for testing the sound quality and didn't have any time to perma-mount them. Therefore, I'd like to get opinions. This doesn't have to apply directly to RSD's but any comps in general.

I realize most say that it's best to have the tweets mounted with the woofer (as close as possible). However, in my car I don't think it would be the best application. The woofers are already greatly affected by the position of my leg while driving. It's hard enough getting the sound stage centered with that issue. Now if I put the tweeter down there, it's simply going to get worse.

I had my Infinity tweeters in the a-pillar and thought they sounded great. Is there any disadvantage to doing this? Also, is there any reason why these RSD's will benefit or be hurt from this mounting spot?

Etac
03-18-2008, 06:41 PM
its what you like best - try em out in different spots
i always prefered tweeters mounted in the kicks.. they seem to blend better with the mid.. sound better at a distance.. and phase/timing issues are less of a problem - you said you have an issue with the speaker being blocked which is the same as my car.. but it will be much easier tuning out the problem if the mid and tweeter are blocked a little than if one is and one isnt..

i dont like having them up high in the dash just because the driver side tweeter tends to be too close to my ear compared to every other speaker and makes it sound a little off.. but thats just me

Symon_say
03-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I put mine next to the woofer, but they can be positioned so you can make then point to you in any location they are.

ronjon228
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Yea thats one thing I really like about the mounts for these tweeters. So simple, yet adjust ability is top notch. Great little mounts for sure. :D

tcguy85
03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
kicks!