PDA

View Full Version : tweeters off h/u?

Ridinhi
03-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Are there any specific tweeters that would work well off the h/u? Just thinking about adding another set. I do have a set of xovers from an Oz Vector set that I could use if needed unless i should just run them straight from the h/u.

tcguy85
03-18-2008, 09:51 AM
any should work

DejaWiz
03-18-2008, 11:38 AM
All of the following is common sense stuff, but I just wanted to give the friendly public service announcement.

Just make sure the tweeters aren't providing an ohm load that's below the minimum of the HU (e.g- 2 ohms tweeters on a 4 ohm minimum HU). Not that 2 ohm tweeters are flooding the market.....
If you're going to run them directly off the HU (without the passive xo), make sure the HU's HPF can be adjusted appropriately as to not allow the tweeters to play frequencies that are too low for them.
Keep in mind that most HU's exhibit around 5% or more THD when outputting max RMS. That level of distortion can usually cause negative effects.

Ridinhi
03-18-2008, 01:30 PM
All of the following is common sense stuff, but I just wanted to give the friendly public service announcement.

Just make sure the tweeters aren't providing an ohm load that's below the minimum of the HU (e.g- 2 ohms tweeters on a 4 ohm minimum HU). Not that 2 ohm tweeters are flooding the market.....
If you're going to run them directly off the HU (without the passive xo), make sure the HU's HPF can be adjusted appropriately as to not allow the tweeters to play frequencies that are too low for them.
Keep in mind that most HU's exhibit around 5% or more THD when outputting max RMS. That level of distortion can usually cause negative effects.

cool,thanks for the info man

DejaWiz
03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
No problem.