PDA

View Full Version : Speaker grill problem

ws140
05-01-2003, 04:25 PM
My kappa speaker grills vibrate and make an annoying sound, this sound stops if I put my foot on the grill though. Is there any easy way to fix this? Like maybe glue the grill or something?

ramos
05-01-2003, 04:46 PM
how do they attach ? If they are the push in. Then put you some grill cloth on the inside. :)

ws140
05-01-2003, 08:44 PM
they are push in, where do you buy grill cloth, like at any audio install place?

ramos
05-02-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ws140
they are push in, where do you buy grill cloth, like at any audio install place?

Yep or you can get it online at places like partsexpress :)

Drewbert1
05-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Take the ****ing grill off you mother ****er, why waste your time when you can just ****ing take it off.

Randy Savage
05-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Drewbert1
Take the ****ing grill off you mother ****er, why waste your time when you can just ****ing take it off. Well, when someone gets in his car and accidentally pierces his speaker with their foot, he'll be hitting himself in the head, you stupid wanker.:nono:

ramos
05-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Drewbert1
Take the ****ing grill off you mother ****er, why waste your time when you can just ****ing take it off.

Somebody needs a hug :)

bass_mekanik
05-09-2003, 11:10 AM
or didn't get any from there daddy last nite cause he was too busy fixing the dog

paikiah
05-09-2003, 11:13 AM
prick.

I'd love to go into your car, stomp my army issue winter boots (spikes) on your kickpanel speakers.

bass_mekanik
05-09-2003, 11:15 AM
go for it and give the drivers door ont too from me LOL :D

paikiah
05-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bass_mekanik
go for it and give the drivers door ont too from me LOL :D

I'd be more afraid that I'd be carried away with all the fun and actually stomp the prick that shot back at another newbie for asking a serious question.

hmmm, lack of sleep's making me weird again. GOtta go get some shut eye, and hppe ben from ED will check his email and give me some good news tomorrow :)

maylar
05-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ws140
My kappa speaker grills vibrate and make an annoying sound, this sound stops if I put my foot on the grill though. Is there any easy way to fix this? Like maybe glue the grill or something? Mine didn't vibrate, but one of them kept comming off. I took a toothpick and splooked a bit of black RTV adhesive in the crevice where the grille attaches. Problem solved. I figured RTV would come apart when I have to remove them.

ramos
05-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by maylar
Mine didn't vibrate, but one of them kept comming off. I took a toothpick and splooked a bit of black RTV adhesive in the crevice where the grille attaches. Problem solved. I figured RTV would come apart when I have to remove them.

Yes sir. As will good old fashioned shoe goo. It's another good flexible adhesive, that can be removed when needed. :)