PDA

View Full Version : decisions,decisions?

sonknee
03-17-2008, 08:44 AM
ok first off i have a 99 civic lx its clean and verry nice but non vtec automatic and verry slow. but now i have the chance to trade for the car i have wanted forever its a 95 del sol si in decent shape appearence wise, havent test drove it yet, my car has 113000 for mileage the sol has 112000 for mileage what do you guys think i should do? have no kids and also own a shatty 97 accord with 200000+ miles on it should i get the toy that i can actually play with?

19psi
03-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Get the toy if it checks out. is the 95 a dual cam or single cam vtec?

sonknee
03-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you for replying its only a single but I would be gaining about 20hp and be getting a standard trans just kinda scared about getting someone elses headaches but god I would love driving along with the top off and back window down with the stereo thumping

Th3pWn3r
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Mileage can be misleading big time. Imagine a 17 year old punkass kid racing and beating the **** out of a car for 100,000 miles. Then imagine an old grandma driving very slowly and gradually stepping on the accelerator to go 5mph below the speed limit for 120,000 miles. See what I'm saying? Mileage isn't the way to judge a car, the condition is how you judge it. Just have a mechanic check it out of you're worried.

sonknee
03-19-2008, 07:21 AM
thank you I will definately keep that in mind.the good thing is the cars all stock. The bad thing is I know my car is worth about a grand more but another good thing is I got my car for 5-6 hundred dollars so its like whateva. I will keep you guys posted and try and post some pics

sonknee
03-24-2008, 10:30 PM
ok went today and talked to the guy with the del sol...........it ******! this guy wanted to do an even trade, he wanted my car,rims,stereo,amp, 2-12"s,EVERYTHING for his car worth a thousand less than mine I looked at him and laughed my *** off!! ya I am a little sad but more shocked at his idea of an even trade.not to mention this douchebag thought he knew everything but didnt know **** about anything! he acted like he had never been in a car asking why the car shifted into overdrive when he mashed the gas all the way down?wtf? this guy had to be on crack.oh and he was 45 just so you guys know it wasnt some young punk

19psi
03-25-2008, 11:09 AM
i hate dealing with morons when i'm trying to buy a car or make a deal.

Ferendon
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Mileage can be misleading big time. Imagine a 17 year old punkass kid racing and beating the **** out of a car for 100,000 miles. Then imagine an old grandma driving very slowly and gradually stepping on the accelerator to go 5mph below the speed limit for 120,000 miles. See what I'm saying? Mileage isn't the way to judge a car, the condition is how you judge it. Just have a mechanic check it out of you're worried.

On the same token, grandma's driving isn't always the best for the engine. Some engines need to be stepped into occasionally to keeps thinks ticking along. I have a Taurus SHO, and I've noticed through the years, that mine has been SUPER reliable, and I drive the **** out of it. The ones that break constantly are garage queens, and 'relics'. Mine sees 7400 rpm every time I drive it, and usually a few times. In my last 80k miles, I have had zero mechanical breakage.

johndoe1234
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
haha my 2.3L honda sees 6200(redline, automatic) rpm very often and it runs great.... idk why ppl think that a "vtech" stamped on the head of the engine makes it fast though. My car is slow as **** ooh and im one of those 17 y/o's that drives the living **** outta cars fyi lol

sonknee
03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Ya My 97 Accord Is Kinda Peppy And I Drove The **** Out Of It And It Now Has Over 200000 On It. My Civic Is Nice But It Just Doesnt Have The Pep I Want. Ya I Guess Nothig Adds Up Speed Wise To My 83 Volvo 740 Gle That I Bought From My Friends Mom For $25. Working On A Used Car Lot Rocked If I Wanted To Pull An Ebrake I Just Chose A Wholesale Car And Did It,not To Mention The Free **** Id Get Every So Often. I Guess The Guy With The Del Sol Thought I Didnt Know Anything About Cars , Boy He Was Wrong. Still Waiting For Him To Get Desperate And Call Me Though.

Peace,
Sonny

fasfocus00
03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
if you just want some pep for your civic and you actually like your civic just spend the money to get the B16 out of an SI, there relatively easy and cheap to get a hold of. just check this out. it's a little influence.

http://www.japanracingengines.com/engineview.asp?id=21

Ferendon
03-30-2008, 01:27 AM
For that kind of money and effort, just get a B18.

sonknee
03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
ya I thought about doing a mini me swap but don't know if its good on the automatic trans? Or the motor for that mater?

Joseph M
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
no, if your going to stay with automatic, go with the more heavy h23a with that automatic, but if not go with the b18 or h22

sonknee
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
thaks for the info I dont know much about motor swaps and stuff like that so it helps knowing what i can do before i do something stupid=)

sonknee
04-02-2008, 03:05 PM
thaks for the info I dont know much about motor swaps and stuff like that so it helps knowing what i can do before i do something stupid=)