PDA

View Full Version : Calling all those with Bose experience.

sue bee
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a Bose system in my 01 Infiniti I30. The sub tends to cut in out periodically. Like, once every 20 minutes for about a minute, on average. This was a little pain in my ***, but since the idiots that installed my stereo spliced the sub wire for a LOC, it's become a huge pain in my ***. I told them to install the PAC adapter I brought, but they didn't for some reason. Now, my newly installed sub cuts in and out along with the Bose sub. Two questions, the second is a bonus.
1) What is making the Bose sub cut out? Guesses welcome.
2) Will using the PAC adapter (hooks up to back of OEM Headunit via plug) fix the issue? It should, right?

Help.

alexregalgs
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Buy Other Stereo Equipment

Worlddre
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer

filtor1
03-16-2008, 10:40 PM
So wait, your running the Bose sub and an aftermarket? Run the PAC yourself and remove the Bose sub.

sue bee
03-16-2008, 10:52 PM
So wait, your running the Bose sub and an aftermarket? Run the PAC yourself and remove the Bose sub.

That's the plan.
But will the PAC fix the cut out issue? It's just the sub that cuts out.

danz24
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Buy Other Stereo Equipment

ahhaha thats a new one

Worlddre
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
as stated ....we cannot tell you whether the adapter will fix anything without knowing why the sub is cutting out

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue. :)

The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.

sue bee
03-16-2008, 11:08 PM
the adapter will likely not help.....you likely have a failing piece of old electronic equipment ...but take a meter to the sub and amplifer and check that signal is being sent during the cut out and check for power ground and remote at the amplifer

If there is no signal being sent, what does that mean? Headunit problem? Why would it not send signal to just the sub and not the speakers?

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.

Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.

sue bee
03-16-2008, 11:17 PM
If there is no signal going from amp to speakers than the factory amp is bad. But that is why he also said test power, remote and ground. If those all check out than again most likely a bad amp. Which is very common in those vehicles.

Why not take out the factory amp and sub and just try the pac? There is no way of knowing for sure unless you try it.
If I take out the factory amp what will power my speakers?

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:19 PM

If its just your sub that is cutting out, chances are it is a separate amp.

ngsm13
03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Taking the factory sub out will eliminate the issue. :)

The loc is probably struggling with signal to the sub and the aftermarket amp thus causing them to both cut out.

Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...

But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

nG

lostdaytomorrow
03-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Tap into a signal from the rear speakers if they're not getting the low frequencies cut out from them.

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Unless it's a problem with the stock amplifier...

But I would also recommend disconnecting the stock woofer...

nG

yeah if its only one amp for the whole system he may be in need of a lot of things.

But start with disconnecting the factory sub. Than try the pac module. If neither work you may have a bad channel on the amp.

filtor1
03-17-2008, 12:28 AM
That's the plan.
But will the PAC fix the cut out issue? It's just the sub that cuts out.

Possibly. It is hard to say b/c I don't know the underlying issue. I have always removed the Bose sub entirely. Use the inputs that run from the from of the car that are before the bose amp.

filtor1
03-17-2008, 12:30 AM

Are you using the factory Bose amp to power an additional aftermarket sub?

sue bee
03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
the factory amp powers everything bose, i have a seperate aftermarket amp for the sub. im thinking bad chan on the factory amp. if so, a pac adapter will fix it, i imagine? and if not, next move is to tap one of the speaker wires if i have to, because they sound the same when the sub cuts out (i.e. getting low notes). hopefully one, or all of thseese will fix this.

filtor1
03-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, disconnect that sub and use the PAC. If you tape into a speaker wire, as I mentioned before, do so before the Bose amp. Tapping in after the amp will cause more unwanted issues.