PDA

View Full Version : Is this CAI legit, please i need help fast

coledawg
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I have a Honda Accord 98 V6 EX 3.0 Im just now getting into perfomormance after being in sound i found some cheap parts on ebay for CAI and a throttle body from OBX can someone tell me if this is a good piece of equipment and if at any what performance will i get
heres the link http://search.stores.ebay.com/Tuning...986647QQsofpZ0

And if you know any cheap place to buy legit parts please post link

coledawg
03-16-2008, 10:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Cold-Air-Intake-System-98-02-Honda-Accord-6cyl-V6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262Q QcategoryZ38634QQihZ016QQitemZ260117059309

and heres the Throttle body http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Throttle-Body-Spacer-Accord-V6-models-1998-2002-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ33558QQihZ016QQitemZ260181969606

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Your link doesnt work but an intake is an intake. Just make sure you put a good filter on it. And the throttle body spacer doesnt do much for our cars except make a little extra noise so if that is what you are going for than its perfect.

There isnt a lot you can do to that car performance wise without spending some money.

coledawg
03-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Your link doesnt work but an intake is an intake. Just make sure you put a good filter on it. And the throttle body spacer doesnt do much for our cars except make a little extra noise so if that is what you are going for than its perfect.

There isnt a lot you can do to that car performance wise without spending some money.

ok what should i do then to make it quicker and faster

lostsuspect21
03-16-2008, 11:07 PM
intake and exhaust

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:08 PM
intake and exhaust

Not for an accord. The intake helps a little but you will just lose torque with an exhaust.

This is about the only bolt on for our cars that will make much difference.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90135

Or you could do the j32 6 speed swap of course. :D

Feel free to check out that forum as well. Lots of good information on there.

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
The v6 6th gen accord is not a real good platform for modding. The 4 cyl actually has a lot more available and is easier to make good power and it comes in manual.

I love my car and most of the time its even plenty fast so its great for what I use it for but dont expect to win any street races. :)

coledawg
03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
What about headers a chip m not trying to be the best just trying to make it faster

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
What about headers a chip m not trying to be the best just trying to make it faster

Headers can help but again you will lose torque. And I am not sure what you mean by a chip but stay away from ebay 'chips' if that is what you mean.

You can get a piggy back ecu system which will help after you get headers, intake, exhaust, etc. If you get headers I would also look into getting cl-s cams as well and that will help you throughout the power band.

But also be careful modding as the transmissions in these cars are absolute crap so I dont recommend beating on it all the time.

coledawg
03-16-2008, 11:20 PM
why well headers and exhaust hurt my torque

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:25 PM
why well headers and exhaust hurt my torque

Because they are designed very well from the factory. You lose back pressure and when doing so you lose torque. On many cars that is not a huge deal but on a car that is as anemic on torque as ours are I dont recommend it. Most people that do it, do it for the sound as opposed to actual performance.

go to www.v6performance.net and look around.

There are a lot of people on there that know a lot more than I do and can answer your questions more exactly than I can. Spend a couple days searching and if you cant find the answers you are looking for ask questions. :)

coledawg
03-16-2008, 11:38 PM
**** i cant do anyhting do my car what a bummer i was hoping to beat some of those homos in there little L4 civics

mokedaddy
03-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah they are pretty tough to mod performance wise. But imo it is still a sweet looking car so its good enough for me.

It is possible to make them pretty quick, it just costs more to do so than a civic.

Tehgregzor
03-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Heh...i ****ing love stomping all the lame 4cylinder cars around here in my truck...neons, civics, accords, they are quite pathetic when they rev their fart cans, then my truck leaves them in the dirt. My Vortec motor doesn't have that powerful of a top end, but god **** do i have low end torque.

19psi
03-17-2008, 09:25 AM
nitrous. short of turbocharging or supercharging it, that's your best bang for the buck. honda engines are designed very very well from the factory, there' s just not much you can do to increase airflow enough to make a good amount of extra power.
airflow is the key to making more power, you need more air in and out. if the stock intake system works very well, an aftermarket won't help much, same for the exhaust. honda heads are very well designed so they will make more power than stock but you need some way to cram extra air in there, hence the nitrous, turbo or s/c.

coledawg
03-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Heh...i ****ing love stomping all the lame 4cylinder cars around here in my truck...neons, civics, accords, they are quite pathetic when they rev their fart cans, then my truck leaves them in the dirt. My Vortec motor doesn't have that powerful of a top end, but god **** do i have low end torque.
My Accord doesnt have four cylinders bro