PDA

View Full Version : JVC Head unit with internal amp, opinions?

In_Flames
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone, first time posting here seems like a good forum. Anyway, I'm looking to get an amp to power my coaxial speakers in my car. I was looking at the JVC KW-XG700. It has an internal amp in the head unit and has gotten good reviews.

I was also looking at getting a new head unit with a USB input so this head unit jumped out at me. Anyone have any experience with it or thoughts on it?

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027886&pathId=148&page=1

Thanks.

AsianInvasian42
03-17-2008, 02:46 AM
like the username in flames is a sick band anyways back to your question

i wouldnt suggest running a jvc head unit there are many other brands that produce a higher quality product for about the same price.

Alpine
Eclipse
Pioneer
Clarion

it looks like you have decided on a double din unit
pioneer has a really sleek looking double din unit FH-P8000BT there are also alot of other great choices as well so keep looking and make sure you get everything you want

just make sure you check the mounting depth on the unit

AsianInvasian42
03-17-2008, 02:46 AM
like the username in flames is a sick band anyways back to your question

i wouldnt suggest running a jvc head unit there are many other brands that produce a higher quality product for about the same price.

Alpine
Eclipse
Pioneer
Clarion

it looks like you have decided on a double din unit
pioneer has a really sleek looking double din unit FH-P8000BT there are also alot of other great choices as well so keep looking and make sure you get everything you want

just make sure you check the mounting depth on the unit

In_Flames
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Colony and Wh*racle are some of my favorite metal albums. Anywho, I was looking for a head unit with an internal amp. The pioneer looks like a really nice unit. Do you know anywhere that would have some reviews on it? Also, I don't necessarily want a double din I just wanted a new head unit and an amp and having them both in one package is convenient. Thanks for your help.

In_Flames
03-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Ahhh according to crutchfield that pioneer head unit doesn't fit in my car. (2001 Honda Accord Coupe)