PDA

View Full Version : box designer program problems

Big Reazon
03-16-2008, 03:33 PM
What program should I use to design my box? I've sued sub woofer tools but it comes up with something completely different than the re enclosure designer. I think this is because it makes you enter the xmax of the sub. I also tried typing numbers off of here into subwoofer tool from the free posted box designs in the stick up top and I got something different. SO what website is better to use. I tried using winsid pro but it wont let me change the box design because it is a beta version. So what should I be using I've heard good things about bassbox6pro. So whats he deal?

BuckyBoy
03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
If one of the designs in the stickied thread fits what you need, then use it.

iDesignBoxes
03-16-2008, 09:03 PM
What program should I use to design my box? I've sued sub woofer tools but it comes up with something completely different than the re enclosure designer. I think this is because it makes you enter the xmax of the sub. I also tried typing numbers off of here into subwoofer tool from the free posted box designs in the stick up top and I got something different. SO what website is better to use. I tried using winsid pro but it wont let me change the box design because it is a beta version. So what should I be using I've heard good things about bassbox6pro. So whats he deal?

Stick to subwoofertools.

The RE box designer is inaccurate.

BB6 *****.

PV Audio
03-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Stick to subwoofertools.

The RE box designer is inaccurate.

BB6 *****.
:uhoh: Are you sure you design boxes? Because subwoofertools is the worst of them all, and BB6 is brilliant if you know how to use it. You can't just plug in numbers and expect a miracle.

iDesignBoxes
03-17-2008, 01:50 AM
:uhoh: Are you sure you design boxes? Because subwoofertools is the worst of them all, and BB6 is brilliant if you know how to use it. You can't just plug in numbers and expect a miracle.

I use a variety of different programs... I've never had any problems with subwoofertools and I do verify that they are correct after designing them (cept for that one time when I was drunk). BB6 is fine but I don't like it (personal opinion).

mlstrass
03-17-2008, 09:04 AM
When using subwoofertools you change the xmax number to get the desired port volume. The number entered is rarely the actual xmax of the sub you're designing for.