PDA

View Full Version : EQ on Alpine CDA-9884

KaMiKaZi_t0M
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Alright, I can't figure this out and it's REALLY bugging me. I don't feel like my setup has enough mid, and I don't know where to change that. I've found settings to adjust treble and bass, and subs, and EVERYTHING under the sun,but no Equalizer. Can someone inform me on HOW to get to this **** thing.

Thanks,
Tom

redrocket
03-15-2008, 12:25 AM
The only feature it has besides the trebles and bass is a high pass filter. There is no EQ on the 9884. Research before you buy

KaMiKaZi_t0M
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow. In the pdf file on the CD they sent me had the manual. On there and on Crutchfield it says it has a 5 type EQ. How could a $200 HU not have an EQ?

Any other ideas on how to get the mid up?

UberAudio
03-15-2008, 11:05 AM
They use the same manual for a bunch of their Headunits but make notes of which features are available on which headunits..

You can get a cheap EQ that you can install in a 1/2 din or anywhere else convenient..

Mids are not easy. Sure you can boost them with an eq but will your speaker be able to put it out is the question..

redrocket
03-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow. In the pdf file on the CD they sent me had the manual. On there and on Crutchfield it says it has a 5 type EQ. How could a $200 HU not have an EQ?

Any other ideas on how to get the mid up?

Alpine has really moved away from sound quality and moved towards iPod functionality over the years. If you want to be able to adjust everything, you need to get the 9887.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?search=9887&i=500CDA9887

KaMiKaZi_t0M
03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
They use the same manual for a bunch of their Headunits but make notes of which features are available on which headunits..

You can get a cheap EQ that you can install in a 1/2 din or anywhere else convenient..

Mids are not easy. Sure you can boost them with an eq but will your speaker be able to put it out is the question..

Yeah I'm seeing the iPod stuff. Only problem is a have a Zune, so it doesn't help me at all. My speakers are all aftermarket so they should be able to put out. 6.5 Audiobahns in doors, 6x9 kenwoods in shelf, polk 3.5's. The EQ sounds like a pretty good idea. I wish the 9887 wasn't an extra 100 bucks.

Tom

fearturtle03
03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
With after market amps on your system I have been wondering what is the real need to have EQ's on the HU? I was always under the impression that yeah maybe you need to cut a little somewhere, but messing with the HU EQ is not that great of an option.

I have an Alpine 9813 right now and do not even have the EQ or MX enabled, and just set the HP/LP filters and Bass Boost from the amps themselves.

I have been looking into the DVA 9861, but read it doesnt have all the EQ tuning like the 9813/15 does. Can someone convince me why you would want to have EQ tuning in the HU when you use an amp?

Habanero
03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Alright, I can't figure this out and it's REALLY bugging me. I don't feel like my setup has enough mid, and I don't know where to change that. I've found settings to adjust treble and bass, and subs, and EVERYTHING under the sun,but no Equalizer. Can someone inform me on HOW to get to this **** thing.

Thanks,
Tom

I am afraid the part you missed about unlocking the 2008 9884's 6 channel time correction, 5 band graphic and 7 band parametric equalizers is the required Alpine PXA-H100 IMPRINT sound processor (this thing is loaded with options for your HU) which in turn requires the Alpine KTX-H100 IMPRINT tuning kit. March availability for both according to Alpine. This also applies to the 9886 as well.http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/company/pr/pr.php?prid=177&year=2008

Habanero
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I wish the 9887 wasn't an extra 100 bucks.

Tom

The 9887 requires the KTX-100EQ IMPRINT tuning kit to unlock all of its goodies. Suggested retail of around $250 or you can rent it at Crutchfield for $50. So as you can see the cost just keeps on going. :greedy: