PDA

View Full Version : 2 kicker s15 help

soledadaztec18
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi guys. i need some plans. my new 08 kickers arrived today. i need box plans for 2 2008 s15l7's. my dimensions are W40 D26 H15.5(16 can fit).. i am going to line the exterior with vinyl and put polyfill inside... I want the port on the front in between the subwoofers vertically. Any plans and ideas will be greatly appreciated. i will post pictures once im done as a reward. I am going to build the box this sunday.!!

king ranch
03-14-2008, 08:23 PM
i dont kno alot in bulding boxes but with those dimensions you will have right under 8cuft before any displacment of sub and port so after sub say if each sub is .15 then it will only give u around 7.6 left to play with plus you will have port displacement after that you will only have prob anywhere from 6-6.5net depending on tunning

tht will only give u 3-3.25 per sub if you can squeeeze that out of the box kicker calls for at least 3 per sub so you would be pushing it and not the fullest potential of the sub i dont think

prob would be best one 15 or 2 12's

maybe someone who knos alot will chime in

soledadaztec18
03-16-2008, 01:12 AM
well i already got the 15's so too late. it will be moved into a trunk later on down the road but for now its gotta fit in my car. can someone pls draw up some plans?? planning on starting tomorrow!! want this to be finished b4 monday!!!! thanks..

soledadaztec18
03-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Hey guys. i just thought about it. what if i went with a sealed box?? it will be a lot simpler. It will work good because of the limited space. I will wire the subs at 4 ohms 750 watts rms each. a 1500.1 kicker amp on each one. will the sound still be close to as good even though it wont be ported? I want the amp to have good control over the subs. i want it to sound good not like s***