PDA

View Full Version : how much would you pay?

terifi
04-30-2003, 07:52 PM
for this box (pic to the left)

1.25cu ft sealed made of 3/4" MDF
6 double layered 1/4" polycarbonate (windows (250x stronger than plexiglass, and almost scratch proof)
2, 9" neon green tubes
black carpet, white painted interior

dimensions...about 15"x18"x20"

thanks for any input

Gauntlet
04-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Nothing, because I always build my own boxes. ;)

Randy Savage
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
If you can find someone that really likes the flashy look of it, I'm sure you can get $100 or so for it.

mgaidica
04-30-2003, 09:57 PM
ide pay $5 for it, u ship it, but if some kid that DOESNT know whats up, may spend up to $50 on it..

MaXiMa
04-30-2003, 11:04 PM
just wonderin y would u paint the inside. is this jsut for show? even though u never see the inside

mgaidica
04-30-2003, 11:24 PM
ahhhh.......

MopeDman
04-30-2003, 11:27 PM
you would paint the inside white because it would show the color of the neons alot more.....

Matador
05-01-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by terifi

6 double layered 1/4" polycarbonate (windows (250x stronger than plexiglass, and almost scratch proof)
2, 9" neon green tubes
black carpet, white painted interior

dimensions...about 15"x18"x20"

thanks for any input

da thing dat intrigues me is that, first u r making the box of plexiglass-like, so see-thru, why in da hell r u gonna carpet over it?!?? it would be pointless then to make it of a glass material.

bass maniak
05-01-2003, 04:13 AM
i dont like the box very much its pretty ugly and i hate green neon
i wouldnt buy but maybe some new b will buy

terifi
05-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Matador
da thing dat intrigues me is that, first u r making the box of plexiglass-like, so see-thru, why in da hell r u gonna carpet over it?!?? it would be pointless then to make it of a glass material.

because the whole thing isnt made of polycarbonate, and if it was, then it would proably be worth a few hundred in materials?

i woulda thought if you put some creative talent into it, it would be worth something, guess not. and my concept wasnt to make it see through, just to make windows,

plus this was my first box, so i made a few mistakes, but learned alot about MDF, silicon, and the poly carbonate...but basically, i just think that no one appreciates the value of it...guess a box is just a box...and creativity causes you to lose money :mad:

Gauntlet
05-01-2003, 04:03 PM
but basically, i just think that no one appreciates the value of it...guess a box is just a box...and creativity causes you to lose money :mad:

No, it's not that.....I like the box, I just wouldn't pay anything for it.

terifi
05-01-2003, 06:10 PM
hah hah, well ****

know any one that would, see teh problem...is i spent 100 on materials, plus i mean, it would be nice to have the labor pay off

or am i just screwed....the whole "live and learn", (and build smarter)

Gauntlet
05-01-2003, 06:27 PM
hah hah, well ****

know any one that would, see teh problem...is i spent 100 on materials, plus i mean, it would be nice to have the labor pay off

or am i just screwed....the whole "live and learn", (and build smarter)

Well I'm sure you can find someone to buy it....put it up on eBay. You should be able to get at least $75 or $100.

terifi
05-01-2003, 06:30 PM
quick question, u think i should do that, and go get another 12,
or keep the box, sell the driver, and get a dvc thats twice the power?

Gauntlet
05-01-2003, 06:34 PM
quick question, u think i should do that, and go get another 12,
or keep the box, sell the driver, and get a dvc thats twice the power?

Well....if you got another 12, you'd have to make sure that it would perform well in that enclosure. Personally, I would sell the box, buy another sub, and build another box specifically for that sub.

terifi
05-01-2003, 06:56 PM
dont most subs recommend about 1.25 cu ft, give or take, i mean if it wants more, then i will just end up with tighter bass right?

and you do mean a different sub, not another one...right?

Gauntlet
05-01-2003, 07:05 PM
dont most subs recommend about 1.25 cu ft, give or take, i mean if it wants more, then i will just end up with tighter bass right?

and you do mean a different sub, not another one...right?

Yeah, I meant different sub, my bad.

But to the question, all subs are different. This is what you should do: make a list of all the subs that you would consider getting. Look at the recommended enclosure size for them. If you find one that fits the box you have, then go for it.

terifi
05-01-2003, 07:08 PM
yeah, most provide a range like 1-2 cu ft
i dont know im lookin at this mtx thunder 8000 15" dvc, that would be nice!!!
but that means, new box, new sub