PDA

View Full Version : please save me from these 4.75" tweeters

rumple4skin
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
i got a little beater car that i am trying to atleast make it sound ok, but the **** thing came stock with 4.75 inch tweets and i cant seam to find any anywhere. someone has said i can put in 4.5" and use the adjusting brackets. my problem is this, i want a cheap component set but cant find anything worth a **** or even a two way to go into the 4.75(4.5") hole in the factory box(and no room to put anything bigger upfront without demolishing the dash), if any of you can give me any feed back at all about this i will be endebted to you for all time. eather a two way i can put into the 4.75 hole or a component set that has something to put into that hole(i dont want to just leave it open)i am also open to any other sugesions or ways to fix my tweeters, these two solo baric l7 make it so i cant hear anything please save me!!!

jmanpc
03-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Just make adapters....

what car are we talking here?

rumple4skin
03-13-2008, 12:27 AM
its a 1993 geo prizm lol

Hintzyboy
03-13-2008, 12:34 AM
grab a pair of PG rsd comps, throw the mids in the doors, and make some adapters to put the tweets in the dash

rumple4skin
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
i would really love to do that man but this crapy car has no door speakers. if i did that im stuck putting the mid range 5.25 into the back dash(wich i really dont want to do it all needs to be seal foamed and sound proofed) id like to keep the mid range in the 4.75 or 4.5 if i can, and use the 3/4 for highs or buy the three way component set if need be with the 5.25 in the back dash(as a last resort), also with all the three way component sets they are duel mid range and nothing for high's but the 3/4( the car allready has to much bass)