PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer REV's or PG RSD Comps??????

Navy guy
03-13-2008, 01:23 AM
i can't decide between these 2.
price isn't important in these decision.
i've read lot of good reviews on both.
looking for SQ and by the way i listen mostly to rap
wats your input?

tsenfw
03-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Hey, I have both sets. Currently Rev's installed have yet to install the RSD's can't decide whether the rsd's are worth installing. Rev's are kind of lacking midbass and mid punch. The tweeters are kind of to harsh but I have them on axis on sail panels that are kind of close. I have them on the -3 db setting too.

Navy guy
03-13-2008, 01:30 AM
can't decide whether to install the pg rsd's because the REV's deliver good sound quality or because its just too much work?

tsenfw
03-13-2008, 02:08 AM
Yeah, can't decide because:
A.) It's a crazy pain in the *** to swap when running them passive. I'll have to check the crossover points of both sets to see if I can just throw in the mids.

B.) I have barely gotten the REV's to where I want them so I don't know if it'll be a valid comparison.

C.) RSD's are NIB, as soon as I install them they're going to lose value lol.

Yeah, SQ is good all the way up to pretty loud. Getting to really loud the tweeters are really too harsh and the beginnings of distortion. This could all be install, amp, and too much power going to them though. Running a us amp capable of 100watts X 2. My DMM isn't working so I'm just setting gain by ear. Doors deadened.

I just ordered a JL 300/4 so when that gets here soon I'll be going active. Perhaps I'll be able to tune them better.

blackbonnie
03-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Yeah, can't decide because:
A.) It's a crazy pain in the *** to swap when running them passive. I'll have to check the crossover points of both sets to see if I can just throw in the mids.

B.) I have barely gotten the REV's to where I want them so I don't know if it'll be a valid comparison.

C.) RSD's are NIB, as soon as I install them they're going to lose value lol.

Yeah, SQ is good all the way up to pretty loud. Getting to really loud the tweeters are really too harsh and the beginnings of distortion. This could all be install, amp, and too much power going to them though. Running a us amp capable of 100watts X 2. My DMM isn't working so I'm just setting gain by ear. Doors deadened.

I just ordered a JL 300/4 so when that gets here soon I'll be going active. Perhaps I'll be able to tune them better.

they sell for 90$ how much value can they lose

tsenfw
03-13-2008, 03:08 AM
they sell for 90$ how much value can they lose

That's the point they can lose all of it! haha

What you like throwing money away? Next time you decide to just throw money away give it to me instead!

Navy guy
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
ttt

teedot231999
03-13-2008, 06:35 PM
i can't decide between these 2.
price isn't important in these decision.
i've read lot of good reviews on both.
looking for SQ and by the way i listen mostly to rap
wats your input?

My homeboy and I tested the PG rsd's in his lexus sc 300 and all I could say was WOW! I personally owned the PG Z's 6.5 and I thought they were the best budget comps for the price but then I heard my boy's rsd's. IMHO these comps are worth the money and they will woo the hell out of you. IMO these are will deliver the best SQ under a $100. If you can't get you hands on the rsd's then do not hesitate to try the PG Z's or the cadence cmw6, I can't really comment on the pioneer because I haven't used them before but I assure you that you will enjoy those rsd's (scouts honor!) :D

Navy guy
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
ttt

xxBURT0Nxx
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I installed the RSDs and I was less than impresseed. They didn't sound as good as other comps I have heard so I've resorted back to some Kicker KS/s... just my .02

viperrgh2
03-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Ive owned both sets, I have a planet audio amp that send them 200rms each side bridged but like 1/4 gain and they sounded pretty good till I blew a tweeter, I now have the pioneer Revs which I got for really cheap on ebay. They sound better but not like blew me away better however they handled the 200 watts much better. I know run them in 4 channel mode though 100rms to each side but like 1/2 gain and it sounds much better...

Navy guy
03-18-2008, 02:03 AM
ttt

ronjon228
03-18-2008, 05:26 AM
Go with the RSD's. I just installed mine and they are so f-ing nice. I'm only running 100w RMS total (50x2) and they sound phenomenal. So much better than my Infinity's sounded. They are loud, but very mellow. The mid-bass response is stunning for the price of the comp set. Unbelievable sound for $87.00 shipped.

I'm now the second RSD "cheerleader". Not officially yet, but soon to be. :D

connersdad19
03-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Go with the RSD's. I just installed mine and they are so f-ing nice. I'm only running 100w RMS total (50x2) and they sound phenomenal. So much better than my Infinity's sounded. They are loud, but very mellow. The mid-bass response is stunning for the price of the comp set. Unbelievable sound for $87.00 shipped.

I'm now the second RSD "cheerleader". Not officially yet, but soon to be. :D

you get em on ebay? i have been looking all day and nothing lol.

ronjon228
03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Seems audiosavings store is out @ the moment. They only have the 5.25" in right now. They should have some more in hopefully soon. The deal is almost impossible to beat.

Navy guy
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
bump

Navy guy
03-22-2008, 01:44 AM
bump

5.3bowtie
03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
i am interested too......seems these are two comps are what everyone is recommending......