PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow SLC 165 (drivers) vs PG RSD Comps

ronjon228
03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Well I've come to the conclusion that my 5.25" Infinity 5000cs comp set just isn't giving me the midbass I need to compensate for my 12" subs. Therefore, I'm on the hunt for new drivers.

I was already sold on the PG RSD's comp set, but then came across some Rainbow SL 165 (drivers only) for a good price. Would it be beneficial to me to buy the entire RSD comp set or just get the Rainbow drivers and use them with my existing tweeters and x-over's. Or, get the Rainbows and run the tweets and drivers active?

krisfnbz
03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I wouldnt really mix and match different brands when you are creating a front stage...

Depends on what your pricing is to which I would choose. But if you go with the rainbow mids, match them with rainbow tweeters.

It seems like going with the RSD's would be your best option. Plus I hear they are crazy good comps for $87...I wish I could hear a pair!

ronjon228
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Sounds good, just ordered the RSD's. :D

filtor1
03-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I wouldnt really mix and match different brands when you are creating a front stage...

Depends on what your pricing is to which I would choose. But if you go with the rainbow mids, match them with rainbow tweeters.

It seems like going with the RSD's would be your best option. Plus I hear they are crazy good comps for $87...I wish I could hear a pair!

Wait, I have to have all the same brands now? :confused: