PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmm...

miker
03-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Alright.. I have the ability to do A MUCH better install in the rear speakers than the front... I right now I am just running two components sets.. So no rear fill.

The car is a tiny one.. Will it sound really stupid only coming from the back? Is that a bad idea?...

Or should I just cover up the hole? and leave the speakers up front?

Sorry if this is a really dumb newbie question.. And I really don't want to take the time cutting out MDF rings and stuff if it
s going to be a waste of my time.

BrianChia
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes it would sound really stupid. Kind of like going to a concert with your back to the stage.

alxmlr789
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes it would sound really stupid. Kind of like going to a concert with your back to the stage.

What's wrong with that?

lol. Just kidding.

To the OP. Spend your time perfecting your front stage, don't worry about rear speakers at all.

SRim23
03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
immediately when i read the title i started singing in my head "things that make ya go hmmmmm!!!!" ha ha anyways u put 1 set of comps in my civic up front and it sounds just as good if not better than my girls car who has 1 set of comps up front and 1 in the rear.

alot of people will tell you on here unless you are looking to have surround sound for movies or something in your car just go with one set of comps up front for music. unless you have a huge suv and care if the rear seat passengers have good sound just stick with 1 set. no one in my civic knows i only have front fill unless i tell them. it sounds almost the same in the rear as it does up front.

miker
03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
What's wrong with that?

lol. Just kidding.

To the OP. Spend your time perfecting your front stage, don't worry about rear speakers at all.

Yeah.. Thats the thing. I don't use rear fill at all.

It's just.. I really don't have the money for fiberglass, and my car (89' BMW 325) is ****ing tiny! hard *** hell to get into the front speaker locations..

So pretty much it would be really dumb to do that? Thats what I thought.. lol, but it was wroth me asking haha.

So, seal up the rear speaker holes (they lead into the trunk) or leave em open? which way will my subs be more effective?

Haha, I'm suprised I didn't get flamed, lol.