PDA

View Full Version : Quentin King is SCAMMING me!

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Okay, Quentin King bought my Hifonics BX1500D for 200 dollars shipped. He paid through Paypal and I sent the amp the day of payment and recieved the tracking number which I IMMEDIATELY texted to him and I still have that text on my phone. That was on February 20th. He recieved the amp February 25th and confirmed that by texting me to say "thanks for the amp." I proceeded to ask him about the condition of the amp and how it was packed. He replied, "Looks good got a sh1t lot of foum Lol."

The delivery can also be confirmed by this screen shot: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/reece_10/****inscrewed.jpg

Of course I assured him the amp worked perfectly and he then confirmed that the amp worked via text saying, "Yep i got my se's on it right now at 1 ohm."

Today I recieved an e-mail from Paypal that said:

"Dear Lisa Brassler,

As a result, the following transaction has been reversed:
Transaction Date: Feb. 19, 2008
Transaction Amount: $200.00 USD
Buyer's Email: kingandsons07@aim.com
Buyer's Name: Quentin King
Your Transaction ID: 8MV28091M48280145

Sincerely,
PayPal"

The account is under my mom's name because it has her credit card on it, but I'm the user of it (hence my email address is Paypal username).

What the hell can I do now? I didn't recieve any notification prior to this about the transaction being contested, nor did I recieve any word from Quentin about reversing the transaction. I tried calling him, but his phone doesn't ring it just stays silent for a minute and then goes to voicemail. I left a voicemail and have recieved no word back. What should/can I do?

grimreper912003
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
get on aim and blow up his ims....go kill him.

I like option two better but you take your pick.

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Someone has to have been in my position before. I need input on what to do?

klaze
03-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Contact paypal by email or phone they will give you more information.

We can't offer any advice aside from that.

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I appreciate that. I can't find the number for the service center? All it gives me is the toll free number.

bumpin buick
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
You still have his address?

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Their toll-free number isn't even working for me it rings once then does a short ring then disconnects.

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Yes, I still have his address

na_rsx
03-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes, I still have his address

sounds like all the information you need then!!

jadon087
03-11-2008, 03:06 PM
What is his SN on here

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure of his SN on here. I tried some searches and nothing came up that would ring a bell.

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Well he never filed a claim on paypal and it seems like it could be bank reversal. Regardless, for some reason the transaction was flagged ineligible for seller protection, which is bullsh1t. The address I shipped to was confirmed, I paid for insurance on the package, and I can provide tracking information on the package. But basically what the Paypal guy said was that either Quentin basically "bounced a check" over the internet or he is scamming me by filing a claim with his bank saying the charges were fraudulent, which is also bullsh1t. Basically, unless the seller protection was overlooked and I was covered then I have to pursue Quentin himself because Paypal refuses to cover it, which is the bullsh1t of all bullsh1t because I did everything they said. So now it looks like someone in Lincoln, Nebraska will have to pay Quentin a visit unless I get the money back from him.

na_rsx
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
i always make sure that the person is verified and confirmed, and it says that i am eligible for seller protection. if not, too bad i am not sending sh1t lol

jadon087
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Well he never filed a claim on paypal and it seems like it could be bank reversal. Regardless, for some reason the transaction was flagged ineligible for seller protection, which is bullsh1t. The address I shipped to was confirmed, I paid for insurance on the package, and I can provide tracking information on the package. But basically what the Paypal guy said was that either Quentin basically "bounced a check" over the internet or he is scamming me by filing a claim with his bank saying the charges were fraudulent, which is also bullsh1t. Basically, unless the seller protection was overlooked and I was covered then I have to pursue Quentin himself because Paypal refuses to cover it, which is the bullsh1t of all bullsh1t because I did everything they said. So now it looks like someone in Lincoln, Nebraska will have to pay Quentin a visit unless I get the money back from him.

I would def call his bank then, bank fraud is a felony i think and he could get into some serious trouble for that.

na_rsx
03-11-2008, 03:32 PM
werd, do whatever it takes, dont just give up cause paypal said they cant do nothing. as long as you have proof of the amp being shipped, and tracked, and saying that its been delivered. thats more than enough, and if you have a text message from his cell phone saying he did receive it, then thats even better.

get that bank on the phone asap

quakerroatmeal
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Did you already withdrew the money from your paypal account to your bank account? That's like the very first thing I do before I send out the amp so crap like this won't happen.

jadon087
03-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Did you already withdrew the money from your paypal account to your bank account? That's like the very first thing I do before I send out the amp so crap like this won't happen.

yeah same here never take the risk of leaving it in because its harder to get your money back, and easier to actually refund someone else if you really need to.

ebrunn
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Most of the time, Pay Pal just swoops in and takes it straight from your bank account.

Safe_Cracker
03-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Most of the time, Pay Pal just swoops in and takes it straight from your bank account.

They tried that to me, I provided all info including get this, a signature confirmation, they laughed gave me my money back and dinked PP! Hey Reece, if you sold the amp here don't you have his name here? Polo..

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I sold the amp on E. I was just warning anyone if they ever deal with him here. He's trying to clear it up and he said this:

"well u will get ur money Reece i don't f@#k anyone its paypal that is f@#king up someone got my password and started buyin ***** and they tried pull $4,000 and $5,000 so i called them and they couldn't do anything so i went over there head wean to my bank and fourd report agaust paypal and they started pulling everything back and i mean everything.Reece i dont f@#k anyone over. ask JK i bought a amp and the box"

"this is me timmy called me and i got on i been fighting with paypal! i got something from oveda and i can't get it b/c of them so i'm waiting to see whats going but is there any way to pay u Reece with out using paypal? i send u ur money!!"

I said the only thing I will accept from him now is a certified bank check. I am still wondering why he had his bank reverse all the transactions when he knew for a fact the transaction with me what not fraudulently spent money.

Brassler07
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM

I would have done that except at the time I was intending on makin a purchase soon anyways and I was just going to use that money. Unfortunately my purchase got delayed and I didn't think about pulling the cash.

yama168
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM

Well if this is true then paypal didnt do it for me check my thread out......

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291893

Aloha

quakerroatmeal
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM

They're really not allowed to do this, I had someone scammed it and it was impossible to get it back if they do not have money in there paypal account.