PDA

View Full Version : speaker location '07 mustang

mooseman16
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
i have an 07 mustang with the shaker 500 and i was wondering if anyone knew where which speakers were located in the front door? im pretty sure that there are 8's in the doors with an ugly grill but im not sure where the tweet and or the other speaker is? also anyone who has a mustang if you could tell me for sure where they are and how to get the **** things out of the doors it would be great?

thanks guys

blazeplacid
03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
have you tried looking on a mustang forum?

Im sure they have covered it there.

Im not trying to be a punk but usually you can find that info fast on a specific car forum

blazeplacid
03-11-2008, 10:59 AM
quck search I found this for you =)
Front speakers
Front Door: 6x8"
Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6x8"

if you dont like 6X8s or cant find a speaker you like in that size you should be able to get adapter to make a 5 1/4" or possibly a 6 1/2

mooseman16
03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks for that info and yes i have looked on a mustang specific forum and i couldnt find one for my specific sound system. i have the shaker 500 and its kinda tough to find info on that one. i really appreciate the help guys and anyone with a mustang and the shaker 500 please give as much info as you have. thanks

blazeplacid
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
from my experiance with the mach 1 audio in a 04 mustang mach 1 ,its much like a bose setup where it can be difficult to get the factory amps to work right.

They did make a part but at the time it was like $200,so me and my friend ran all new wires and amps. Took about 4 hours but it was worth saving $200

If your just looking to upgrade your speakers you might wanna be sure that the final impedance (ohms) on the speakers your going to get matches that of the factory

***this is all if the "500" system has factory amps if not it will be easy***