PDA

View Full Version : pg rsd question?

maloy013
03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
guys i nid some help i just bought a set of audiosavings yesterday and i am ready to go try active seup (first time:eek:) my question is with my current system can i achieved this w/o crossovers or equalizers? my friend told me i could with my alpine f345 he said there some settings there that i could use???if so what setting is that? need help guys i really wanna try active everybody says its better!!! thanks!!!

p.s. also i am getting rid of my coaxials to use all my 4 channels for the rsd's

tcguy85
03-11-2008, 01:57 AM
not to sure on the capabilities of that amp, but as long as it can band-pass the mids and has a crossover for the tweeters then you should be all set.

be careful with how low you try to cross the tweeters. i'd stay above 3k with the tweeters to be safe. at least at first till you knoe exactly what you are doing. other than that have fun. :-)

UCF52
03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Also, remember you will not be taking advantage of all the benefits of going active (i.e. time alignment, attenuation...) Your best bet would be to invest in a new deck or an external crossover.

Sure you could do it with what you have, but I'd be willing to bet the difference will be slight without having the other tuning abilities that a new deck/crossover can provide. Just my .02

MikeyB
03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
yup

maloy013
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
i just wana know what settings i will put in my amp so could do it w/o fryng my woofers and tweeters?

@tcguy what u mean band pass the mids?

would an alpine h701 solve my problems?

John Pionke
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I have the Alpine MRV-F545 and had the F345, both can go active. If you wanted to go active with that amp, you would put both mids on channels 1/2 and set your crossover point at around 3000hz (use the x20 switch to get this high frequency). Then put your tweets on channels 3/4 and set the crossover point around 3500hz (use the x20 switch again).

Just an FYI, I am using my HU's crossover to cut off the low end (below 80hz) to my mids, and I am using the time alignment capabilities on my HU to help with imaging. If your HU doesn't have these abilities, I agree with the other posters that going active may not be worth the effort. If you don't have the abilities, you also will be sending a full low end range of sound to your mids, you may want to be ghetto and get some bass blockers to cut the low stuff out (again, below 80hz).

Hope this helps.

UCF52
03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
@tcguy what u mean band pass the mids?

Basically setting a low crossover point and a high crossover point for one driver, unlike the tweets where you only set the low crossover point.

would an alpine h701 solve my problems?

Sure would, and from what I hear, they are well worth the money.

maloy013
03-11-2008, 04:08 PM
ok thanks guys guess m staying with the passive while i save more money for the h701:D

maloy013
03-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I have the Alpine MRV-F545 and had the F345, both can go active. If you wanted to go active with that amp, you would put both mids on channels 1/2 and set your crossover point at around 3000hz (use the x20 switch to get this high frequency). Then put your tweets on channels 3/4 and set the crossover point around 3500hz (use the x20 switch again).

Just an FYI, I am using my HU's crossover to cut off the low end (below 80hz) to my mids, and I am using the time alignment capabilities on my HU to help with imaging. If your HU doesn't have these abilities, I agree with the other posters that going active may not be worth the effort. If you don't have the abilities, you also will be sending a full low end range of sound to your mids, you may want to be ghetto and get some bass blockers to cut the low stuff out (again, below 80hz).

Hope this helps.

thats what i was looking for thanks man!