PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas to help make Q-Logic Kicks Produce Midbass...

dftnz7
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I ordered prefab kicks because I a) don't have the time/desire to make my own and b) I am trading my truck this summer so I am not going to strip down and seal/deaden the door, make baffles, etc. Only to take it all back out when I get rid of the vehicle, or let the speakers go with it and start all over again.

So now I am faced with turning these cheap pieces of plastic into something I can get some actual midbass from. I was thinking of running an AP type enclosure by sealing the panel to the vehicle, but cutting a 3" hole into the sheet metal behind the woofer and using the fiberglass insulation method of creating the AP vent. I am also going to reinforce the kicks with eDead and clay.

Is there any other way I can do it to make it sound good?

blazeplacid
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
really if your going to do all that you could of just made some kicks

dftnz7
03-11-2008, 09:26 PM
But don't sealed kicks present a lot of their own inherent problems as well, such as necessitating an AP enclosure or venting to be done properly?

lashlee
03-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I would start with sealing them, then figure out if want to go ap. Mine are sealed, and by no means the best out there, but they sound much better than my qforms ever tried to!!

mdillon
03-12-2008, 12:21 AM
you could glass the area behind them and the inside of the qform to create a sealed enclosure. then fill it with polyfill.

dftnz7
03-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Well I decided to cancel the order, I guess I am either going to attempt to put them in the doors myself, or, better yet, pay someone good to do it.

WrenchGuy
03-12-2008, 01:51 AM
I was gonna say.... you can stiffen the Q's very well with a body filler knife and liquid nails. Just rough up the Q's and then spread the liquid nails on like peanut butter. On the inside of course.