View Full Version : What did i fry?!?!

03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
ok so we have a sony cdxgt320 here. it worked fine for a week. it was working fine and i smelled that "oh **** something electrical is burning" smell. The screen displayed the message "Failure"
... all the while the thing is still playing just fine, reading the WMA id tags fine too.

All i can figure is that its defective or that not wiring up the rear speakers while wiring up the front ones may have toasted the rear channels of the internal amp.

Defective or ???

the best part is now sony wants me to pay 10 dollars to ship it to them. so in a nut shell i need to pay another 10 dollars to get what i already paid good money for.
What a world class company!

03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
i intend to use rca outs once i get my amp installed so the internal amp is nothing to me.... likelyhood of other things dying is a concern though