PDA

View Full Version : Termlab Help!!

Lilricco
03-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Im trying to install my termlab on my dads lap top. It has vista which I ****ing hate, and everytime I install the disc it doesnt do anything. Does anyone know how I can get the software onto this computer?

Korn4Life
03-08-2008, 12:18 AM
go to RUN and try to find it in there.

iDesignBoxes
03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Symptom

When you attempt to run the Term-LAB application, you receive one of the following error messages...

Run-time error '339':

Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Run-time error '713':

Component <Any file name> or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Cause

It appears that the problem is related to Vista's default security settings. (On some machines, the Microsoft Installer application does not have the correct priveleges to install certain files.)

Solutions

Method 1

1. Uninstall Term-LAB
2. Open the Windows Control Panel
3. Select "User Accounts"
4. Turn User Account Control (UAC) on.
5. Reboot your computer
6. Re-install Term-LAB

Method 2

1. Open Windows Explorer (file explorer) and look in the c:\windows\system32 folder.
2. Locate a file named "cmd.exe".
3. Right-click cmd.exe and select "Run As". When the Run As dialog box opens, select the radio button "The following user" and select Administrator from the list. Enter the Adminstrator password and then press "OK".
4. At the prompt, please type the following (press ENTER after typing each line)...

regsvr32 /u/s tabctl32.ocx
regsvr32 /s tabctl32.ocx
regsvr32 /u/s msmask32.ocx
regsvr32 /s msmask32.ocx
exit

5. Run Term-LAB.

Alternate and Untested Methods

Method 3
1. Open the C:\Program Files\Termlab folder.
2. Right-click on Termlab.exe and then select "Properties".
3. Click on the "Compatibility" tab and select "Run as Windows XP Service Pack 2".

Related Links
http://community.installshield.com/archive/index.php?t-167373.html
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=851283&SiteID=1

wasted911
03-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Im trying to install my termlab on my dads lap top. It has vista which I ****ing hate, and everytime I install the disc it doesnt do anything. Does anyone know how I can get the software onto this computer?

it's just your TL saying that it doesnt want to listen to those bassworx subs ;)

Skip01
03-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I got mine to work on my GFs laptop with vista first try....dk...good luck