PDA

View Full Version : Polyglass V1 / V2 - Whats the Diff?

katodevin
03-07-2008, 12:51 AM
In my quest for finding my next set of comps for my accord coupe, I've decided on getting the Focal Polyglass 6.5's.

The other contenders were the Hertz's and the Pioneer PRS series. I'm leaning towards the Focals mainly due to the fact that I had a Access set in my last car, and I loved them. Additionally, I am not TOTALLY sure, but I suspect that I like bright tweeters, which Focal's supposedly are excellent at.

My question is, has anyone listened to the difference between the Polyglass V1 and V2's. I notice that the V1's are listed as being able to extend up to 28khz, and the V2's are spec'ed at up to 20khz. Also, the V2 is able to handle a bit more power. Other than that, I have no idea how they actually sound.

Has anyone listened to both, and can provide a comparison?

Also, has anyone listened to either, compared to any of the other popular comp sets, and can provide a good comparitive analysis?

Thanks,

ItalynStylion
03-07-2008, 01:32 AM
I can't say what the audible difference is because I've never had a chance to listen to the V2's. I believe that the tweeter is different. I think the V1 has an inverted aluminum dome and the V2 has an "inverted Tioxid Dome"....whatever the hell that is.

One thing that is nice about the V1's though is the small crossover size. You could mount those things anywhere!

katodevin
03-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Thanks ItalynStylion,

I take it you've listened to the V1's? Can you comment/compare (to any other common comp) on them at all?

Millertime1028
03-07-2008, 02:10 AM
PMed ....

ItalynStylion
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I have the V1's in my car. I love them! They were good when I first installed them but once I sealed up my doors with deadener it was a whole new ball game. The midbass improved tenfold...

katodevin
03-07-2008, 01:06 PM
ItalynStylion:

Awesome! Are you running them active or passive? Tweaters on axis or off? How much power are you putting to them, and how is the tweeters performance compared to other comps you've heard. Harsh? Clear?

Appreciate your time.

ItalynStylion
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
They have had 75RMS going to them but I just got a NINe.5 that I have yet to really listen to since I've been sick. Now they will be gettin 100RMS. I've been using the passive crossovers. I like them personally. I don't think they are too harsh. I think they sound beautiful.