PDA

View Full Version : Help installing Boston PRO60's (Tweet terminal?)

lostdaytomorrow
03-06-2008, 02:22 AM
How in the world do I connect a wire to this TINY tweeter terminal? I can not figure it out for the life of me. I've bought 22 awg female connects and they are too big. What's the deal here? The wire they supply in the box, those terminals are too small to fit on the tiny tweeter terminal. I'm very confused here.

Also, I have the mids hooked up and everything. An orange lights glows from the crossover while my music is playing sometimes during bass heavy parts. My amp gain is barely up at all and with a DMM it's measuer at only 150 watts getting sent to them, the amp is a Kicker ZX850.2 so I can pump uip to 300-400 watts to them if they would handle it. What's up with this orange light? Clipping signal or protection or what?

Thanks for the help guys. I can't even make an accurate judgment on the mids because they don't sound right without tweets playing, but the mid-bass is nothing to write home about right now, that's for sure, but I might just need to up the gains a bit, I'm just scared to because of the orange lights in the crossover.

Thanks.

jmanpc
03-06-2008, 02:25 AM
solder ftw?

lostdaytomorrow
03-06-2008, 02:42 AM
I sure hope not.

No solder iron.

Are most tweets solder only? I can't imagine that is the case...

DaGrimOne
03-07-2008, 06:52 PM
i used to have the boston pros and the wires they came with for the tweeter fit perfectly, i would double check that, and make sure your using one of the mounting options they supply. the wires connect to the mount, not directly to the tweeter.

IgnoreMe
03-07-2008, 08:14 PM
are you mounting the tweeter coaxially with the little adapter?

if so, the wire they provide fits right where its suppose to on the underside of the mid. you connect the tweeter wire to the underside of the mid and do the same to the mid wires.

if you're mounting them with the tweeter not over the mid, im not sure since i havent tried that.

i know my cdt's have always been soldered, so you just ran the wire to the xover. this of course wouldnt work with the boston since they give you the option of moving the tweet around so you cant have wires hanging off of it

shpatb
03-09-2008, 01:19 AM
the light in the cross over is telling you that distortion is being sent to the speaker. or extra power since you dont even have the tweeters set up....

lostdaytomorrow
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I ended up soldering the wire on to the terminal.

Yet, I used the mounting option they supplied (the tweeter cup you twist the tweeter into).

The terminals did not fit the given wire in the box, I tried for at least an hour. I was very frustrated.

Install is finished and tweeters are incredibly HARSH and they're set at -2 dB right now, so tomorrow when i move my crossovers to the trunk (they're both up under the dash right now and getting induced alternator wine), I will click them down one more notch to -4 dB to hopefully tame them down a bit.

The light was of course the protection circuit for the tweets and was only coming on because they weren't hooked up.

The mids sound great, hopefully I can tame the tweets down tomorrow. They're mounted in the dash firing into windshield (stock location). This obviously has a lot to do with how harsh they are.

Thanks for all the help guys.