PDA

View Full Version : Broken Box?

YOUKNOWME
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
hey hows it goin. I got a question to anyone who knows their ****. I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P4000UB head unit with an Arc Audio 500.1 Kar Series Amplifier, and 2 JL W6's (First Version) In a sealed box in a 1996 Buick Regal.

This is not the first system I have had. The W6's I have had for years and they still work but they have been in the box for so long i think the box broke. One of my friends who works at an audio shop installed everything yesterday we were working from 2pm - 1 AM and after everything was all in i hooked up the subs and they sounded like ****. My friend spotted that the box was leaking a lot of air out of the bottom, so i need to seal it up, but this brings me to my second question, how much more bass will i be getting - right now the bass is non existant. Arc audio is supposed to make some good **** so i am really suprised how little bass I am getting out of the JL Woofers. I have heard those woofers THUMP and right now you cant even hear them over the highs! I realize the box is leaking air and this needs to be fixed but after i fix the box is it going to make that much of a difference or is that arc amp crap?

the subs are wired up parallel/parallel for a 1.5 ohm load out of the amp i should be getting 600 watts rms and they are 300 watts rms a sub so that should be perfect.

jco1385
03-03-2008, 05:50 PM
you're not gonna get heart pounding bass from 300wrms :fyi:

seal the box, it will make a huge difference

YOUKNOWME
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
well i aint talking about knockin my rear view mirror down but them slap im more of an SQ person anyway

i had them on a 900 watt alpine and before it blew up they were slappin but im not sure wat the rms was on that amp

right now i cant even hear the bass at all

dman4486
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM

:rolleyes:tis possible.....define heart pounding bass

jco1385
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
:rolleyes:tis possible.....define heart pounding bass

well, my heart won't be pounding from 300wrms. so i guess you could...?

dman4486
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
well, my heart won't be pounding from 300wrms. so i guess you could...?

I have 230ish on my rsd's and they get perty **** loud....i think it depends more on the enclosure than the power supplied, and to what driver....

l7 on 300wrms, or something rated at 300wrms....the lower rated should be louder(in theory)

YOUKNOWME
03-07-2008, 04:31 AM
***UPDATE****

SEALED MY BOX WITH SOME SCREWS AND SOME LIQUID NAILS AND BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!!! POUNDING!

AND TO CORRECT WHOEVER SED IT WAS 300 WATTS RMS - ITS 600 WATTS RMS - ITS 300 A SUB AND IT DIDNT STOP MY HEART BUT MY EARS WERE RINGING FOR A GOOD 45 MINUTES AFTER I GOT OUT THE CAR. WAY MORE BASS THAN I NEED. THEM OLD SCHOOL W6's STILL POUND AND THAT ARC AUDIO 500.1 WAS RUNNING FOR A GOOD 2 HOURS STRAIGHT AT HIGH VOLUME AND I DIDNT NOTICE A **** HINT OF FAILURE. WELL IM HAPPY THANKS FOR THE HELP. PEACE.

chinxtaboi
03-07-2008, 05:30 AM
cant go wrong with arc amps.

MyFartsStink
03-07-2008, 10:19 AM
lol at this thread.
To the op, make a new box, stop ghetto riggin your ****.

tRidiot
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
lol at this thread.
To the op, make a new box, stop ghetto riggin your ****.

Why? He said it was leaking from the bottom so it's likely not a visible fix, screws & liquid nails will make a very tight seal (it's what I use to build boxes), it sounds a whole lot better now, and he's happy with it.

Why the heck would he need to make a new box?

Or is this just a way for you to try to **** on newbies?

gladiator_jai
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Not true, I got heart pounding bass out of one 250W rms sub, that too a pioneer and he has two.

dman4486
03-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Why? He said it was leaking from the bottom so it's likely not a visible fix, screws & liquid nails will make a very tight seal (it's what I use to build boxes), it sounds a whole lot better now, and he's happy with it.

Why the heck would he need to make a new box?

Or is this just a way for you to try to **** on newbies?

Because it is the correct fix...

MTXman
03-07-2008, 11:43 AM
What's the best way to repair holes in a box? My brother's box that he got from some guy has screw holes all over it, he said the guy wanted them there because without them it would blow the subs because of all the pressure :rolleyes::laugh:

Liquid Nails to cover up holes?

dman4486
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
What's the best way to repair holes in a box? My brother's box that he got from some guy has screw holes all over it, he said the guy wanted them there because without them it would blow the subs because of all the pressure :rolleyes::laugh:

Liquid Nails to cover up holes?

as stink said, build a new one...
if you must fill screw holes, then i have found that toothpicks/dowels, and woodglue work very well