PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on how I should set up.

IDSkoT
03-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Okay, basics:
'98 Ford Mustang Coupe
No matting what so ever.
2-10" JBL's wired @ 300-RMS @ 2-ohm
Sealed .75 Ft^3, Ported 1.25 Ft^3.

I think I'm gunna go with sealed. But I'm not sure. I'm looking for more SQ. I mean, I like hearing the sub, but I don't want to hear a big gap between my mid-range and my subs, ya' know? I was messing with the gains once and I had to pull over to the side of the road to balance it out, it was annoying me.

Anyway,
I was thinking if I go sealed, a nice and neat 1.5 Ft^3 single-chambered box.

I was wondering if I should fire forward, or back.

If you think I should go ported:
Should I do sub back/port back? Or what? Thanks for your help in advance guys.

Right now I have a .75Ft^3 x 2-Chambered box firing forward [Sealed]. But, I was wondering if I could get a better sound/output by re-arranging everything. I'm gunna rebuild it regardless. I did a bad job building the box and I only used 1/2" MDF rather than 3/4... and even if it's not that much power, the wood still split and it was a mess. I'm gunna do it nice and slow this time.

BuckyBoy
03-03-2008, 04:08 AM
I would stick with a separate chamber box rather than a single chamber. The one way to see which way, firing front or rear, performs best is to try it out.

IDSkoT
03-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I would stick with a separate chamber box rather than a single chamber. The one way to see which way, firing front or rear, performs best is to try it out.

Any particular reason you'd prefer seperate chambers?

BuckyBoy
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Any particular reason you'd prefer seperate chambers?
I read this somewhere on here...
If one of the subs is slightly weaker than the other, it will eventually wear down in a shared chamber. If it blows, then the other is at a high chance of blowing because of the increase in airspace.
That kinda seems like a long-shot to me, but I would go with a separate chamber just to be on the safe side.

dman4486
03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
get a hu with sub controls, and set the gains correctly...when you want to turn the sub up or down, do it on the hu

IDSkoT
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
get a hu with sub controls, and set the gains correctly...when you want to turn the sub up or down, do it on the hu

I have one. Pioneer PH-6900PB [or something like that]

But, the build quality was poor, and I just wanted to see which way I should fire my subs to sound better. They sound good, but I was just interested in how they'd sound if they were placed differently and in a better box.