PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question. FRONT OR REAR FIRST?

Abc123Abc
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
ok im have a 2000 pontiac grand prix gtp coupe and im going to replace my stock speakers with some pioneer premiers but im wondering which ones should i replace first because im going to buy a pair(front or rear deck) then save up again and buy the other pair. im a little short on money right now so i can only buy 1 pair for now

what do you think would sound better?
front - premiers,,, rear deck-stock
or
front - stock,,, rear deck-premiers

Front speakers
Front Door: 5-1/4"

Rear speakers
Rear Deck: 6x9

i hope you get what im asking.....

darkhunter139
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Front first for sure that is what you hear the most.

If you plan on powering them with an amp then dont even bother getting rears, just disconnect them.

Ken448
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
front front front
unless you sit in the back seat

Abc123Abc
03-02-2008, 03:59 PM
front front front
unless you sit in the back seat

ya its a hobby of mine to sit in the back seat of my car. :D

but thanks to both of and fyi i am going to power them with 600watts. so hopefully they sound good :D

thanks again . front first !

zeuolaxxx
03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
front all the way, don't spend money on rear!

Techchild
03-02-2008, 05:06 PM
ya its a hobby of mine to sit in the back seat of my car. :D

but thanks to both of and fyi i am going to power them with 600watts. so hopefully they sound good :D

thanks again . front first !

600 watts rms? :laugh:

Tips
03-03-2008, 12:22 AM
If you're planning to power a pair of speakers with 600 watts you should probably stop and do some research before you blow your money on something stupid. Car Audio isn't as simple as buying things and hooking them up. At the simplest it's doing your research and making sure what you buy works together, at the most, it's the intricate art of accurate mobile sound reproduction.

In general, rearfill isn't necessary and your system will sound better. (http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/rearfill.html)

Secondly, make sure the rated watts on your amplifer is RMS, not max. The rated max watts is irrelevant and has no real meaning. Coaxials should recieve more than 50-100rms depending on what they are.

brazilianguy
03-04-2008, 02:20 AM
In general, rearfill isn't necessary and your system will sound better. (http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/rearfill.html)

Good reading!