PDA

View Full Version : midbass

Big Reazon
03-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Alright I got a Harley Davidson and its time to upgrade my stereo. I have the focal speakers on my bike they are the polyglass series. I have 4 6.5 up front and 5.25 up there too. I have 2 6x9 in the rear saddle bags. I am upgrading to either 4 6x9 or 4 6.5. I want more bass outback. I don't really want to run subs which speakers will give me the most mid bass but still sound good. I would even run pure 6.5 mid bass speakers out there what will get me the most bass?

helotaxi
03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm trying to figure out where you put that many speakers up front. I've got upgraded 5.25s in my Street Glide but don't see anywhere to put anything else or bigger withoout major construction on the fairing.

The problem that you are going to run into is that getting midbass without the small space of the car environment takes cone area and power. You have room for neither on the hog.

myvanpounds
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
isnt 2 cylinders enuff sound?

Big Reazon
03-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out where you put that many speakers up front. I've got upgraded 5.25s in my Street Glide but don't see anywhere to put anything else or bigger withoout major construction on the fairing.

The problem that you are going to run into is that getting mid bass without the small space of the car environment takes cone area and power. You have room for neither on the hog.
Yeah I got a road glide so I put 2 speakers in my inner fairings. But can some one help ne with some heavy mid bass is the cdt m6+ my best choice I heard they will ht harder than my focal 6x9s.

headless
03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?lan=2&pro=2&lin=13

helotaxi
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Once again you need a loading space (normally the room or car interior) or an enclosure space (the great outdoors is going to pretty much dictate a ported setup to get anything resembling good response) and power (even with the upgraded alt on the bike you're going to have trouble powering an amp that will do any bass driver justice).

Your best bet is going to be looking outside the car audio market and getting into the pro audio drivers. You'll need efficiency to make up for the lack of power and they are designed with the idea of filling a large area with sound. Good luck, you'll need it.