PDA

View Full Version : Could someone tell me how to running wiring between chambers?

vinnymack
03-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Hello, im a lurking noob trying to look for answers. i have done the search button, but couldnt find any solid answers.

Im trying to wire 2 subs in 1 ohm load, but my question is.. I have a sealed box with separate chambers.

1. Would it be ok to cut a hole in the chamber between and run the wire through and seal it up?

2. Also, If im putting my subs into 1ohm load which holes would i hook it up in?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/vinnymack/subchamber.jpg

dannyt
03-01-2008, 03:26 AM
1. Don't know.. that would probably be okay. But, what I did was just connected both negative ends and positive ends together (respectively) where they are to be wired to the amp.

2. You should look in your amp manual. It should tell you which terminals to use for different loads. I think it varies (but I am not sure because I ****).

IDSkoT
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
1. Terminal cup. (And if you don't wanna spring for that, another thing you can do (which is pretty rigged) is drill a screw/bolt through and connect terminals to each side. So it, in effect, acts like an electrical pole.

2. What kind of amp is it? Are you just using one channel or bridging?
If you're just using one channel, it shouldn't matter. If you're bridging, that was a dumb question.

ProgMtl
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Is your amp a 1 channel or 2 channel? If it's 1 channel and has the 4 speakers connections like your picture you should be able to wire each sub to 2ohm and put them in that way...if it's a 2 channel amp is it 2 ohm stable?

Post the make & model of your amp

vinnymack
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the help. I actually figured out the wiring like few mins after posting.

im probably going to do the screw drilling thing that IDSkot recommended.

anyone else have any suggestions?

alwaysontop
03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
my suggestion is..

run the right and left sub wiring out the back of each chamber and connect them and just run two wires to your amp and put on on the outside + and one on the outside - and if your doing over 600 watts you better hope you have a fuse bigger than the power wire you get at walmart cause its going to blow when you bridge them. i had to spend 40 bucks on 8 ft of 4 gauge power wire and a 150 amp fuse holder and my 6x9's and subs got louder.

IDSkoT
03-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the help. I actually figured out the wiring like few mins after posting.

im probably going to do the screw drilling thing that IDSkot recommended.

anyone else have any suggestions?

Recommended?! I didn't recommend it! I said that some people did it. I recommended the terminal cup. To me: the nut is ghetto. I'd suppose it'd be the most effecient. But even still, I'd use a terminal cup or something of the sort.

vinnymack
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Recommended?! I didn't recommend it! I said that some people did it. I recommended the terminal cup. To me: the nut is ghetto. I'd suppose it'd be the most effecient. But even still, I'd use a terminal cup or something of the sort.

hahah, sorry I apologize. I must've read it wrong. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a few terminal cups. Ill post some pics later.

IDSkoT
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
hahah, sorry I apologize. I must've read it wrong. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a few terminal cups. Ill post some pics later.

:needpics: