PDA

View Full Version : Ipod screens

jriley3
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Hey i have a pioneer headunit with the ipod adapter cable. I love it but the problem is, I have over 300 artists and it takes forever to skim through them. I find myself just listening to random instead of what i want. Isn't there a product that is a little screen (touch or not) that sticks to your dash and connects to the HU so you can search your ipod faster? It really is a pain how it is now.

ProgMtl
03-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Exactly why I'm dumping my Pioneer....15,000+ songs is too hard to manage with a slow *** interface (and that's only on one of my iPods)

bigbangtheory
03-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Which iPod? I heard the Nano does pretty well. I have the adaptor for mine as well, but haven't installed it yet.

USCFAN
03-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Are you talking about the alpine ex-10?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=eX-10&view=Overview

reid1boys
03-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Sorry I didnt read this, I just started a thread asking the same question. I have a Panasonic and I feel your pain. It is such a PIA that I may look to a new HU in the near future. With 40 gigs in the ipod, it takes FOREVER to search for what you want.

jriley3
03-10-2008, 09:33 PM
yeah the EX-10 sounds about right, but at the same time that just connects to any stereo, through an aux input right? so wont the sound quality be lessened? id rather be inconvenienced than have to listen to it quieter. Plus i'd feel gay spending 150 on this new radio then paying 200 for the same thing. isnt there any cheaper ones? i saw one by harmon karmon or something like that but again, wont the sound quality ****?