PDA

View Full Version : To all you Rex Owners

Astyl
02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Alright so ive had a idea floating around my head for awile. I know a guy that has a 98 Legacy GT, its got the 2.5L non turbo motor and we've been thinking of turboing it for awile now and i had this idea

Instead of going straight custom with this turbo install, which would be pretty stupid, i thought that maybe i could hit up a local J/Y with some crashed Rex's / STI and throw some stock WRX/STi Exhaust Manifolds on a Legacy GT (Same Motor) And obviously with the new Rex Manifolds a turbo would bolt right up to it, and youd be good to go.. seems like a easy way to make your N/A Rig turbo powered for pretty cheap just get some stock rex manifolds for a turbo to bolt up too

TribeX85
02-29-2008, 02:54 PM
hmm i thought you meant CRX's, didnt know WRX was nicknamed rex, although ive heard some RSX owners call theirs REX's also. lol sorry off topic.

Scoobydoo
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
thought you meant rx7

Trey803
02-29-2008, 03:23 PM
thought u mean tyrannosaurus rex

vasilios
02-29-2008, 03:31 PM
thought u mean tyrannosaurus rex

x2

TribeX85
03-01-2008, 02:47 PM
lol

Rattlebrain
03-01-2008, 02:49 PM
****.. I was hoping to see pics of a CRX. Im so disappointed,

dbhittin
03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
yes u can do that, i had a 92 legacy wagon and bought the wrx manifold, turbo and shi.t.. the only thing u really need to figure out is the oil/water lines for the turbo, ecu/tune it ect.. but ya everything bolts up

19psi
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
you can do it. you'll need oil and water lines like mentioned above, an intercooler, ecu, and a better exhaust because th stock one will restrict the whole deal immensely.
if i were you though, i wouldnt' mess with it, get the dsm!

frkkevin
03-05-2008, 07:38 PM
IMO if your going to boost a legacy do it right and do the motor swap. The N/A motor will not hold up on higher boost, safely I would stick with 8-9psi and no more. Just find yourself an STI motor and pull it with an ECU. Subaru is all tuning so be aware when modding one it gets expensive quick.

Get on NASIOC and look for the motor.

If you want to use the stock 2.5i motor and make it worth while you will have to do a completely rebuild or else you will end up with the possibility of a blown motor and a lot of wasted time.

Btw, I own a 2005 Legacy GT. Currently Stage II TDC tuned running only 17.5psi. About to go Stage III, just waiting for my fuel pump and some plugs. Already have my FP 20g and WBR FMIC waiting to go in with some DW 740cc injectors.

Oh on another note, go here http://www.legacygt.com/forums

Might be able to source some parts or ask people if it was worth boosting an N/A. I think there was a kit someone mentioned on there. But like I said, nothing Subaru is cheap.