PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Germanium or CDT Eurosports

JeffM
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Ive narrowed it down to these two sets. Theres alot of good reviews on the Rainbows, but Im wondering if they will be loud enough compared to the CDT's. For those of you that own either one of these comps, can you please share your opinion on them?

Millertime1028
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM
ttt

HowLowd
02-28-2008, 11:10 PM
ttt

im more than happy with my germs. They do produce enough volume in my setup with a single sub, but not sure how they would keep up if your looking to go with a multi sub setup. im happy with the tweet, although a little more volume would be nice on the highs at times. but good even tones. I have the set with four mids so its more than good to me.

cdts id like to try...tough choice.

WhoSayWho?
02-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Which year Eurosports? I think the consensus is that if you are going with the older model you would be better off going with the HD's.

Beyond that, no opinion.

Beerdrnkr
02-29-2008, 01:39 AM
No experience with the cdts but I absolutely love my rainbows and they get plenty loud.

LaserRed38
02-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I had 2006 ES-620s and loved em, and I was (and still am) running them passive. One of the woofers, the cone separated from the spider though (just needs to be re-glued) so I got some new ES-6 mids, which look identical to me, except they have orange baskets instead of yellow. I really want to try some Rainbows, but don't have the disposable income at this point to be swapping out speakers at my leisure. I don't think you will be unhappy either way honestly. Again, Exige is the man to go to for CDT stuff...

filtor1
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I have heard both, I prefered the Germ's. I found the mids on the Germ's to be far superior and personally prefer the warmth of the tweeters. I didn't get a ton of seat time with the Euro's though, unlike lots with the Germ's. So take that as an initial impression. Although they were in thye same kind of car, they had different amps and HU's as well as listener EQ settings.

JeffM
03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Which year Eurosports? I think the consensus is that if you are going with the older model you would be better off going with the HD's.

Beyond that, no opinion.

Its the newest ones, the ES-62i