PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Classifieds

mdsheely
02-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Think it would be a good idea to sub catagorize the classifieds section? Like one sub catagory for amps, one for subs, one for mids, one for screens/headunits, and finally one for misc. I think there are some really good deals, and alot of legit people selling some really quality stuff, but you have to bump your thread three times a day to keep it on the front page. Just a suggestion.

90accordman
02-28-2008, 08:28 AM
although its a great idea, i dont see it happening.

seeing that probably half the threads here are off topic crap, they dont really seem to care much about maintenance.

IamDeMan
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
No it isn't a good idea. It creates more work for the mods. We have enough subforums around here. This idea has been brought up numerous times if you were to search for it, you would see the general consensus is nay.

yunvme666
02-28-2008, 08:39 AM
na thatld be cool i get sick of having to go through 15 pages of posts per day to find new ****

90accordman
02-28-2008, 09:09 AM
work? they hardly do anything as it is.

Its really not hard to handle a forum in your free time especially with all the free reign they get.

Johnny Drama
02-28-2008, 09:10 AM
No it isn't a good idea. It creates more work for the mods. We have enough subforums around here. This idea has been brought up numerous times if you were to search for it, you would see the general consensus is nay.

Not just more work for us, more work for sellers too.

Sellers like to have one thread...and it already hard enough to get everyone to follow the existing rules.

So you're correct on the Nay...

MyFartsStink
02-28-2008, 09:19 AM
nay. just like jntar said, more work for sellers, they would rather have just 1 thread with a whole bunch of thier crap than 12 of them to go through and see who wants thier ****.

90accordman
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Not just more work for us, more work for sellers too.

Sellers like to have one thread...and it already hard enough to get everyone to follow the existing rules.

So you're correct on the Nay...

then ban them, people dont follow rules they dont need to be here, beats the nonsense bans ive seen the whole time ive been here.

2002XLT
03-22-2008, 02:32 AM
you guys must not sell much...

90accordman
03-22-2008, 03:47 AM
i sell lots

hazardous0388
03-22-2008, 04:14 AM
sub categories = bad idea. sorry. good concept, but wouldnt work

hazardous0388
03-22-2008, 04:14 AM
sub categories = bad idea. sorry. good concept, but wouldnt work

blackbonnie
03-22-2008, 05:30 AM
yup bad idea, people already have a hard time puttin stuff in the right section. no need to add more

blackbonnie
03-22-2008, 05:30 AM
i mean look at this thread, the least you could have done was put it in the lounge

528hz
03-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I think it would be a GREAT idea. It makes it much easier for people who are selling to post in one place and be able to draw specific traffic. People looking for amps, sub, or whatever can go to one place and browse just those products. The bumping of the thread 3 or 4 times a day does get ******, especially when you have 200+ people looking and your thread is off the front page in minutes...

Why can't the mods just be assigned specific sub-catagories in the Classifieds and call it done. How do mods go about their duties on the boards? Do they all just roam all over and wherever they want? Are they assigned specific forums, now?

krisfnbz
03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I barely sell anything on this site because people just lowball. But I would agree on sub-categories....it would be much easier that way. But fuvk it not a big deal.

I mean their is only a few categories... Subs.. amps, speakers... wires etc...

90accordman
03-22-2008, 05:14 PM
I think it would be a GREAT idea. It makes it much easier for people who are selling to post in one place and be able to draw specific traffic. People looking for amps, sub, or whatever can go to one place and browse just those products. The bumping of the thread 3 or 4 times a day does get ******, especially when you have 200+ people looking and your thread is off the front page in minutes...

Why can't the mods just be assigned specific sub-catagories in the Classifieds and call it done. How do mods go about their duties on the boards? Do they all just roam all over and wherever they want? Are they assigned specific forums, now?

they do whatever they want, and honestly the jobs not hard whatsoever, all the forum tools are there for moderation its just click here or click there and its done.

2002XLT
03-23-2008, 05:22 AM
So instead of just bumping one thread, you guys think it would be easier to bump multiple threads? Its not going to cut traffic at all because everybody is going to be splitting up there threads which will equal even MORE threads to be created.

Bad idea. Might work in a perfect world, but we are far from that, here at ca.com.