PDA

View Full Version : Dynaudio System 340's

robbydobbs
04-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Just bought a set of Dynaudio 340's and was wondering wether anyone here has any experience with these 3ways ?

I'll be running one JLAudio 300/2 bridged per side, I've heard that these can take an insane amount of power.

The rest of the setup consists of an Alpine 9815 HU possably, 1 JLAudio 1000/1 and 1 13W7.

Should be a tight SQ setup, let me know what you think, I've been considering the Pioneer DEXP9 and DEQP9 instead of the Alpine, throw some advice my way.

Thank you

mykeys
04-26-2003, 12:46 PM
isn't the 300/2 a two channel amp? why would you bridge it? It has to be a 75 or 150 watts per channel RMS @4 ohms. If it's 150 that is considered insane amount of power for highs.
Alpine makes some very sweet equipment, but my preference is Pioneer so I say go for the DEXP9 and teh EQ. Very top notch.
The 13W7 is more SQL than SQ and the SQ part is debateable. I heard one and wasn't impressed, but that is my opinion. For the price I think an ID max or Brahma would do better.
As for the Dyn's I have never listened to them so I cannot say anything about them other that what I have heard. I have been told they are some of the best you can get and the SQ is supposed to be all that and more.

Mike

JLCivic
04-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by robbydobbs
Just bought a set of Dynaudio 340's and was wondering wether anyone here has any experience with these 3ways ?

I'll be running one JLAudio 300/2 bridged per side, I've heard that these can take an insane amount of power.

The rest of the setup consists of an Alpine 9815 HU possably, 1 JLAudio 1000/1 and 1 13W7.

Should be a tight SQ setup, let me know what you think, I've been considering the Pioneer DEXP9 and DEQP9 instead of the Alpine, throw some advice my way.

Thank you

I don't own dyns, but, to my ears, dyns have been the nicest sounding speakers I have heard. As for head unit advice, for a nice sq setup, you may want to also consider an eclipse head unit. The pioneer setup should be bada$$ as well.