PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVHP5900DVD

bwillis1
02-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Can You bypass a Pioneer AVHP5900DVD or a Pioneer
Pioneer AVHP7800DVD ?

I have not bought either but I can get a pretty good price on both. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your suggestions

Willis

Haden
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
yeah on older ones you can just ground the wire that youre supposed to hook up to the parking brake. On newer ones you have to put a switch on the wire before you ground it because it can detect if its always grounded and wont work

Haden
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
and you just have to flip the switch every time you drive

bwillis1
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Let me ask this also. I know there is something about the newer model vehicles needing a special wire harness. The wire harness goes through the ecm or something. So here is my questions.

If I want to first just replace my deck and use the factory amps and speakers which harness do I buy?

And will that same harness work in the future when I want to add my amps, new speakers, and sub and go away from all the factory equipment?

Also anyone have any experience with the shallow pioneer subs that go under the front seat?

I dont know if you need the info but I drive a 07 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab.

Thanks again for the help

richierich75
02-27-2008, 11:06 AM
originally posted by someone else, but this is the link I used for finding what I needed for the AVH-P6600 http://metraonline.com/vehicleguide.aspx

you should be able to pick your specific harness up from a local shop $$ 100.00 +/- I got mine from Best Buy.
You'll need the harness, dash kit and possibly the antenna adapter.

The harness will work as long as your h/u has the additional outputs. In the future if you plan on bypassing the stock amp/speakers you would disconnect the outputs to the harness and connect the new to your new amps and run new speaker wires etc...

richierich75
02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
I also bought a seperate "switch" off of ebay, but I don't need it for my h/u. I paid $25 bucks for it and it should work on yours if you are interested.