PDA

View Full Version : Focal K2P 165 vs. Hertz HSK 165

chaotic_mindz
02-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I currently own a set of Focal K2P they are very clear and loud but the tweeters are very bright the mid range is excellent
and lately ive been wanting to try something new

So I was wondering how do the Hertz HSK 165 compare to the Focal K2P

How efficient are they?
How is the midrange?
and How is the tweeter?

chaotic_mindz
02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
anyone?

datboiroy
02-26-2008, 11:51 PM
i like the tweeter on the HSK, i heard a benz that the shop installed k2p's and i didnt like the tweeter, it was kind of bright and too loud for me. asad's hsk's in his car sounded detailed and smooth. if you talk to sean he'll tell you to keep the k2p's lol. he tried to get me to get rid of my mlk's and switch to k2p's

chaotic_mindz
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
i like the tweeter on the HSK, i heard a benz that the shop installed k2p's and i didnt like the tweeter, it was kind of bright and too loud for me. asad's hsk's in his car sounded detailed and smooth. if you talk to sean he'll tell you to keep the k2p's lol. he tried to get me to get rid of my mlk's and switch to k2p's
yeah thats the reason i want to get rid of the focals i dont like the tweeter to harsh i played with the equalization a lot and couldnt get the tweeters right :(

and yeah i know sean loves k2p's he actually wants to buy them from me

but yeah dont get rid of the mlk's i heard them in viet's car and they are ******

datboiroy
02-27-2008, 12:37 AM
i just hope the MLk's go well wit the DD 3512, sean talked me into gettin the dd 3512 instead of idmax

chaotic_mindz
02-27-2008, 12:44 AM
i just hope the MLk's go well wit the DD 3512, sean talked me into gettin the dd 3512 instead of idmax

i had the idmax its a very nice sub great sq i had it in a seal box but it rubbed a coil on me Sam was try to convince me to repair the idmax and keep it but i didnt want too
i wanted to go dd but they dont make a sub that matched my amp so i went with the mille 2500 :)

datboiroy
02-27-2008, 09:20 AM
i had the idmax its a very nice sub great sq i had it in a seal box but it rubbed a coil on me Sam was try to convince me to repair the idmax and keep it but i didnt want too
i wanted to go dd but they dont make a sub that matched my amp so i went with the mille 2500 :)

i wanted the idmax just from reviews, then i heard max's idmax and i loved it, but then i didnt wanna have the same setup as him since we have the same kind of car. and i heard aznattics (on HI) DD 3512 that he bought from nisaznmonk, i liked how it sounded, and after seeing that DD redesigned the sub, i decided to give it a chance. how many watts is ur sub amp?