PDA

View Full Version : what kind of setup?

Bimmerdriver
02-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I want a setup that is an old school amp some good speakers that get decently loud with good bass response and a turntable to play records. I am looking on my craigslist, what should i keep an eye out for?

Anyone want to look through my craigslist and tell me if they see anything good. Like i think i might pick this up for starts.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/576731778.html

I already have an equalizer... and a cd player. and an amp( but its new school and i don't like it much)

joetama
02-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I would stay away form a really crappy looking TT like that one.

A good place to look for a used TT is at a Record Shop. I wouldn't buy a TT that looks old and wore out unless you either have a way of checking the stylus or have a pressure of the stylus.

DBDRAGGUY
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
They still manufacture Turn tables, look into buying a new one or a used on ebay. craigslist is always like a yard sale over the internet. If you can sort through the junk once in a while you might get a gem. And why the TT?

joetama
02-24-2008, 04:48 PM
They still manufacture Turn tables, look into buying a new one or a used on ebay. craigslist is always like a yard sale over the internet. If you can sort through the junk once in a while you might get a gem. And why the TT?

Turn Table... ;)

Bimmerdriver
02-24-2008, 11:52 PM
well the guy wiill basically give me the tecnic for free. But it needs a new belt, he did put an 80 dollar needle on it tho.