PDA

View Full Version : Which mids are better, PG RSD65 or Cerwin Vega vmax 65?

grampi
02-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been told the CV's are better, but it's the PG's everyone seems to have a hard-on about, yet I've seen very few threads about the CV's in here. What gives?

UCF52
02-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Are you going to keep your XR tweet?

If so, I like the RSd mid a lot. I have never heard the CV's so I cannot compare the two.

If not, how much? :D

skydeaner
02-22-2008, 08:55 PM
you mean in the midrange area or in the midbass area? The PG mids extend up to about 2.5ish khz, i am not sure on the vegas, but I think the pg's exibit more midbass and the vegas have a lot smoother midrange response. The pg's have a large peak that is hard to deal with without eqing. I have not had both installed in my car so it is hard to say though. I heard the vegas in a wall, and the pg's in my car.

tcguy85
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
you mean in the midrange area or in the midbass area? The PG mids extend up to about 2.5ish khz, i am not sure on the vegas, but I think the pg's exibit more midbass and the vegas have a lot smoother midrange response. The pg's have a large peak that is hard to deal with without eqing. I have not had both installed in my car so it is hard to say though. I heard the vegas in a wall, and the pg's in my car.

just curious, what crossover points have you stuck with after messing with the rsd's actively? i am currently using 80hz/24db, 2.5khz/24db, and 3.15khz/24db.

grampi
02-22-2008, 11:26 PM
you mean in the midrange area or in the midbass area?

That's a tough question to answer considering the midrange driver has to do both. I'm assuming because you asked that question, one is better at one thing, and the other is better at the other? I guess what I'm looking for is a mid that offers the best of both.