PDA

View Full Version : Dumb pxa h701 question

Blackcharger06
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
When I go to speaker select I can only turn the on sub, or turn it off. I can only turn the center speaker to on or off. I can not turn the center to sub, or the sub to center. Then I go to speaker setup I can not turn the center speaker to the sub setting. The Center is small or large, and the sub is either on or off.

Under speaker select I can turn the sub from off to mono to stereo. When the center speaker is in the on position the sub is on mono, when I turn the sub to stereo the the center speaker turns off. I know the center rca out put can be a sub if center is turned off I'm just not sure how to get it to work.

The manual says that I can run the sub in stereo mode with the center turned off, but only when it is set to subwoofer. When I first got the system installed I had the sub on stereo and could fade from left to right and not lose the subwoofer. Now if I do that it only plays on the left and when I fade to the right it stops. My only solution is to set the sub for mono. What did I do wrong and who can I get the sub to play Fade correctly? For some reason the center/right sub out is not getting to the amp. How can I fix this?

Blackcharger06
02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Well after a few phone calls i figured it out. To get the sub to work in stereo mode, you need to set the center speaker in speaker set up to small. If you do not have this set to small then when you fade from left to right the left side will fade out. The book for the pxa h701 was not very helpful but I post this for anyone else who has a similar problem and wants a solution.

Blackcharger06
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Well guess I was wrong.

I just got off the phone with alpine. The first guy I talked to asked me to hold on and hung up on me. ****ing 8 mins I had to wait to talk to him. The next guy was a lot more helpful. The second guy said, that if you use the rux controler the choices are different and because the Iva 205 came out after the pxa 701, some of the features are different.

The most notable difference is that the speaker select section is different. You can not change the center speaker select to sub. You can only make the center on or off. Under speaker set up you can still make the center to off/small/large, but this is only sending center frequcies.

So basicly they are saying that if you want your sub to play correctly you have to have the sub on mono. If you have it on stereo it won't work properly. I asked the guy how I could run 2 subs, and he told me I would have to use a y splitter. He told me the center rca only sends out center frequencies and that if I set the center speaker to small or large it could cause clipping and damage the amp, (like my old 500/1 it died). Like I said though the first guy I talked to had no clue what I was talking about. I really need to talk to someone who knows more about the processor. You would think if u called alpine they would know what the hell is going on. I'm sure there is more to this.

Blackcharger06
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Hold on a sec :) I just talked to Oliver, a guy here on the forums and he said that correct way is to put the sub on stereo. In speaker set up you then set center to large. I'm going to stick with this for a bit and see how it goes. I by no means, as you guys can tell am an expert on this stuff so try out a few settings and see what works for you.

AVSTANG02
02-22-2008, 10:40 PM
wow i'm confused.

Blackcharger06
02-23-2008, 01:25 AM
wow i'm confused.

yea it's really confusing. On diymobileaudio.com a guy suggested to call up alpine and ask for a senior tech. I'm sure there is a simple solution to this.

jluv
02-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't see any reason to send a stereo signal to subs.

Blackcharger06
02-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I don't see any reason to send a stereo signal to subs.

Well I have one sub. If I fade from left to right it will cut out. The pxa has to rca out puts on it one is L one is R, or you can use them as sub and center. I have no center so I have a stereo sub.

jluv
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Well I have one sub. If I fade from left to right it will cut out. The pxa has to rca out puts on it one is L one is R, or you can use them as sub and center. I have no center so I have a stereo sub.

One sub, two subs, or twelve subs, you should still send them a mono signal. Use the sub output (which is mono) and that's it. You are making it more difficult than it needs to be.