PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a box from vibrating/moving

cheeto
02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I have an AQ SD2.515, thing wangs pretty hard for the 600w I have to it and such. My only complaint is that the box (probly a good 75+ pounds with everything in it) vibrates to either the back of the SUV I drive or against a side of the car, and either way it makes an annoying noise and just plain pisses me off.

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep it from moving other than drilling holes into the car? I really don't wanna do that.

crunktimes.com
02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Bolt that ***** down, not only for the purpose of stopping it from moving around but thing about what happens if you hit another car head on going 70mph with that box floating around in the back..

MikeyB
02-21-2008, 08:52 PM
^^^

Or the plastic side of velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding

fbi90909
buy some little rubber pads something for the bottom of the box to keep it from sliding around. or use bungee cords.

cheeto
Bolt that ***** down, not only for the purpose of stopping it from moving around but thing about what happens if you hit another car head on going 70mph with that box floating around in the back..

Well see, the car is still technically my dad's, and he wants to sell it, not sure how that would fly with the used car people. Even then, the only thing I could bolt to is the back of the seats, and I'm sure that won't really provide much strength.

that does kinda scare me now though with that 75 lbs chillin in my car, I'd get smoked in an accident.

cheeto
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
buy some little rubber pads something for the bottom of the box to keep it from sliding around. or use bungee cords.

I don't think the rubber feet would do much, it's on that carpet stuff that comes in cars. The bungie cords would probly further **** me off since I'd imagine they make annoying *** noises.

I tried putting a few pieces of MDF between the back hatch or whatever and the box, from what I heard it vibrates and crap, but I didn't turn it all the way up so I don't know.

MikeyB
02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
^^^

Or the plastic side of velcro on the bottom to keep it from sliding

Oh hey, listen to what this guy said about the velcro........

cheeto
02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh hey, listen to what this guy said about the velcro........

:P I remembered that from the other thread. Kinda forgot at the same time. The thing is, how bad would that velcro rip the carpet up?

MikeyB
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
:P I remembered that from the other thread. Kinda forgot at the same time. The thing is, how bad would that velcro rip the carpet up?

Not sure, it would depend on the carpet, if it was soft and fluffy then probably quite a bit. If its more of the firm style carpeting then I dont think it would be as bad.

IDSkoT
02-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Normally when a box is carpeted, it doesn't slide.
I didn't carpet mine, infact I painted it... then put a clear coat. (Not smart)
That sh*t slides all over my trunk when I turn. I ended up putting a box and my shoes behind it. To prop it up and pin it between the back of my trunk and my seats.
It works, surprisingly... and I got into a little fender bender and it didn't budge (going like 15-20 MPH... my tires locked up in the rain 'cause some d*ck stopped short.) and it didn't move at all. The shoes create a nice damper to forces while still giving it enough tension to not move. It's pretty raw. [So, if all else fails, make two MDF strips for the back, and 1 or 2 for each side and just wedge it up against it. Fin.

As for the bungee cords, they shouldn't make noise if they're tight... and they should also keep it in place. If the metal pieces are making sound... good ol' duct tape. It's not pretty, but it works. It's only temporary; I think you can deal with it. :P