PDA

View Full Version : Front 6x9 and Rear 6.5 Fills Help

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 02:36 AM
I've done alot of research but the truth is I'm a beginner to car audio so I'd appreciate some insight from the best. Looking to spend max of around 500 for Front/Rear/Amp or Front Only/Amp,But would like to pay alot less.

Front Stage 6x9: MB Quart DTG 169
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8913_MB+Quart+DTG+169.html
/
Pioneer TS-D691R/
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3659_Pioneer+TS-D691R.html
/
Pioneer Premier TS-D901P
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6403_Pioneer+Premier+TS-D901P.html

Leaning Towards the MB Quarts thou

Rear Stage 6.5: Pioneer TS-D161R
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4258_Pioneer+TS-D161R.html

What is better the Pioneer Premier (Non REV Speakers) OR the Pioneer (REV) Speakers?

And Help on the amp would be appreciated.

Running a Pioneer Premier DEH-P590iB HU if that helps..

Or I was told that droping the rear fill and getting a better component set is a better choice, although I'm limited with the 6x9 Front. Could i buy a 6x9 --> 6.5 converter for my door? And also i usually ride with friends and like to play music while outside the car so which would be best? SPL > than Amazing SQ for me.

Side Show
02-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Yes you can make a spacer to fit a pair of 6.5 inch splits to the front, and a pair of two-way 6.5inch in the rear + sub........6x9 = **** imo

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Well I would not know how to make anything custom because I'd just mess it up.. Can it be bought premade? I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Or just have a professional install it? Excuse my car audio clue-lessness

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
any help guys?

DejaWiz
02-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Go with the Pioneer/Premier REVs, IMO.

I'd highly recommend pooling your money for getting just 6.5" comps up front and ditching the rears to start.

You can get good quality pre-made MDF adapters. There's a seller on eBay (http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmbtechusa) that makes and sells them.

Are you planning to amp? What kind of equipment do you have so far? What kind of vehicle?

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm just starting my system so I dont have anything yet.

I've got a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000. So far I'm goin with the Pioneer Premier DEH-P590iB for the HU good in my price range and has some good features that i'll need. After that its up in the air. I've got from 1k at least to 2k (probably not) to spend on the whole system, ( 2 12's, speakers, amps, wires, etc.) I've got about 2 months to get what i need so im in no rush.

This is my first system and first time messing with car audio but i wanna do it right so I dont have a set in stone idea on anything im getting yet, and It's difficult because none of my friends have any clue about car audio.

jmanpc
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Just get Pioneer Revs all they way around. I'm normally an MB Quart guy, but the revs just sound awesome.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm just starting my system so I dont have anything yet.

I've got a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000. So far I'm goin with the Pioneer Premier DEH-P590iB for the HU good in my price range and has some good features that i'll need. After that its up in the air. I've got from 1k at least to 2k (probably not) to spend on the whole system, ( 2 12's, speakers, amps, wires, etc.) I've got about 2 months to get what i need so im in no rush.

This is my first system and first time messing with car audio but i wanna do it right so I dont have a set in stone idea on anything im getting yet, and It's difficult because none of my friends have any clue about car audio.

Thats good. I definitely recommend saving and going with components up front on an amp. I think the Phoenix Gold RSd's are pretty cheap and have gotten great reviews you might want to check them out. It will be worth it in the end... do it right the first time like you said.

EDIT: Rsd's for $90 with waranty. (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4259985#post4259985) I think that is cheaper than the REVs is it not? You might want to jump on those.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Just get Pioneer Revs all they way around. I'm normally an MB Quart guy, but the revs just sound awesome.

or do that. I have heard the Rev 6.5"s off of a head unit and they sounded pretty darn good. Putting them on an external amp would really help though.

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 07:53 PM
If i were to go with the Front and Rear stage REV's what amp do you guys think i should get? 200 dollar max don't really wanna spend that much, as long as itll push the speaker good n not fry to quick on me.

Edit: Also the new version of the Pioneer TS-D691R REV's is a Pioneer TS-D6902R but it does not say REV for the new version anywhere in the description, is this the same product or is it not REV? Should i just get the old version to be safe? They look exactly the same..

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 07:57 PM
not a bad amp, you might want a little more power, but bridged it would push those RSD's nicely i linked for you (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6472_Alpine+MRP-F250.html)

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Buddah im looking to go up to 300 on the speakers, so could i get a good set of components up front? Also my front stage for the gay jeep is a 6x9 which kills the component possibilities. I cant find a speaker adapter could anyone help..?

I also always have people in my car in the back seats. Should i just play it simple and go with the rev's? I'm not an audio enthusiast so super quality vs. good quality isnt going to bother me much.

Would going with a power acoustic with good power be a big mistake? I've heard they arent that good but I'm not looking for much i just wanna be able to put some good watts through my speakers.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I would for sure get baffles for the 6x9" hole to get a 6.5" mid in there. 6.5" set of components is way better than most if not any set of 6x9" coaxils. When you say 300 on speakers is the amp, and or deadening included? If you give a full budget for a front stage it would be easier. If you deaden the doors and have comps running off of an amp i think you as the driver would be a lot happier than with 4 coaxils on an amp. If you are concerned with the passengers in the back seat then throw a pair of coaxils or just keep the stock speakers and run them off the HU.

So probably
$90 on RSDs
$134 or what ever on Apline amp bridged
and then rest on deadening and wires.
If you still have some cash maybe $80 for revs in the back??

That is just a pretty **** good budget front stage. If you have more money go with a better set of comps and a bigger amp.

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Most likely 600-800 on the whole speaker system w/ wires/amp/speaker and is deadening a must? Or would it not be a problem if i just took the kit to a car audio store to install.

Edit: It's more like the best quality system for the cheapest price I'd like to go with. And my price range is questionable so im just going low for now and getting a feel for car audio. Still need to visit a local car audio retailer and chat for a bit, lol.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
deadening is a good investment. Mid-bass response with deadening is greatly improved with deadening. For the most out of your door speakers it should be sealed and deadened. If you cant seal them off, deadening will still greatly improve the sound of your speakers. If you can manage to fit it into your budget like i showed you it wouldn't create any problems so why not.

If you go with a solid set of comps and then add deadening later on i think there will be a noticable difference in the sound of the speakers, so if you can get it now while you are installing everything it would save time and effort.

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
K thanks alot man you made things alot clearer. I'm going to get a definate budget soon for everything, Gotta include my subs... And do alot more research, would you mind if i pmed ya later on with my final idea to c if it's ok?

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Been trying to find a link with specific details to convert a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000 6x9 Front stage to a 6.5, could anybody help me with that?

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
K thanks alot man you made things alot clearer. I'm going to get a definate budget soon for everything, Gotta include my subs... And do alot more research, would you mind if i pmed ya later on with my final idea to c if it's ok?

yeah, i figure if i was told some of those things before i started i would have saved a lot of money... It just helps sometimes. I mean i might not be right, i am only 17, but i have been into audio for 3 years and read a lot. From what i read all the equiptment would be nice and i have use the amp. For sure shoot me a pm when you get a general idea of what you are thinking, i would love to check it out.

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Ya it definately does, if i hadnt gotten into this site and alot of reasearch i'd already have wasted money on a junky setup and hated it. That's pretty funny I'm 17 also.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Been trying to find a link with specific details to convert a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000 6x9 Front stage to a 6.5, could anybody help me with that?

Would this (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4965_Scosche+SA69.html) work?

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Hmm looks like it would.. just dunno if my jeep has a specific 6x9 hole type but i guess ill just have to give it a try...

Trey803
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
you can always make your own baffles like I did

deepthump17
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Yea I could resort to that but I'd have to find out how to make it, dont have any supplies to cut anything thick or make precision holes.

budahbuddy803
02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
you would need a drill, a jigsaw, and some MDF. It really isnt that tough if you are up to it.