PDA

View Full Version : 2001 F350 Completed Box *PiCs*

Kold_Killa
02-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry for cell phone pictures, but all I had at the time.

Built this last night for my brothers 4 door.. Fits behind the rear seat.
It's 2.5 cuft
Built to house some fashion of 10s... 2, 3, possible 4

Originally thinking 3 JL 10w6v1s if we can find them. Test fitted one of our old blown ones and it fits like a champ. Because of the lack of finding these, we may have to go with 3 JL 10w3v2-d6s... Not quite sure if we can fit the 5.75 mounting depth of those as compared to the sub 5 inch w6s...

The mounting depth dead center is 5.75, but we aren't sure if we can fit the sub with the taper of the box. If we don't end up going this route, we will find some other 2 subs that are dual 4... we will end up needing a final 4 ohm load to go with the Kicker Impulse Ix2302 (900 at 4 ohms bridged)...

Any input for 2 SQL subs if we can't find either of the JL options?? We would prefer dual 6 woofers so that we can go with 3, but 2 dual 4s (or 2 svc 2 ohms, or 8 ohmers would be fine too... We are even considering 4 JL 10w1-4s... I'm not a JL fan boy, but they are very efficient subs, most with a slim mounting depth... My brother is old school and so he would love to go with a tried and true w6v1, but again, because they are hard to find, who knows....

Heres some pics... btw, budget is around 400 for whatever... Maybe even considering Image Dynamic something or anothers... Either way, I'm impressed we were able to get 2.5 cubes behind the rear seat with a reasonable depth...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/Kold_Killa/DSC00146.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/Kold_Killa/DSC00148.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/Kold_Killa/DSC00145.jpg

blackbonnie
02-20-2008, 08:24 PM
looks good, gonna carpet it or anything?

Kold_Killa
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Carpet... ha, I terribly doubt it... even if I was planning to and told you I was going to, I would never get around to it... It the box was any sort of exposed, I probably would, but you can't see a thing with the seat in the upright.

Kold_Killa
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Went ahead and order 3 10w3v2-d6s!!! So they will see 300 each and will have ~.8 cuft per before displacement... should sound pretty nice and get decently loud... Looks like we will have to use speaker covers to protect the woofers, but again, it is all hidden so won't matter... all about the sound baby babaaay!

I'll get better pics of the finished product when they come in...

btw, spent 360 to the door for 3 new JL 10w3s and that seemed pretty reasonable to me...

jdc753
02-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Looks pretty sweet. I always get a little bit jealous of you pre 05 guys with your room behind the back seat. The stupid flip up/down back seat leave next to NOTHING for room, and I can't move the seat up or down to get more room.

What speaker grills are you gonna use to keep the subs from bumping into the back of the seat?
Got any more pics of the truck??:up2somet:

Should sound pretty good indeed, I'm guessing the amps are going under the back seat? See if you can snap some more of those "crappy cell phone pics" Maybe if your brother is looking to upgrade in the future or so he could get some of the new Stereo Integrity BM's next to nothing for mounting depth but still got some power handling to them and some excusion unlike many of the other slim mount subs.

Also, I'm guessing you have already run your power wire, (or maybe the trucks are different enough between years) But I found a nice little gromet right beneath the seat (under the carpet) by just to the inside of the drivers side frame rail that worked perfectly for power wire. Pokes up through the carpet just before the hump at the very back of the cab.

mdillon
02-22-2008, 09:36 AM
sell the lawnmower?

Kold_Killa
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Looks pretty sweet. I always get a little bit jealous of you pre 05 guys with your room behind the back seat. The stupid flip up/down back seat leave next to NOTHING for room, and I can't move the seat up or down to get more room.

What speaker grills are you gonna use to keep the subs from bumping into the back of the seat?
Got any more pics of the truck??:up2somet:

Should sound pretty good indeed, I'm guessing the amps are going under the back seat? See if you can snap some more of those "crappy cell phone pics" Maybe if your brother is looking to upgrade in the future or so he could get some of the new Stereo Integrity BM's next to nothing for mounting depth but still got some power handling to them and some excusion unlike many of the other slim mount subs.

Also, I'm guessing you have already run your power wire, (or maybe the trucks are different enough between years) But I found a nice little gromet right beneath the seat (under the carpet) by just to the inside of the drivers side frame rail that worked perfectly for power wire. Pokes up through the carpet just before the hump at the very back of the cab.

Good info on the wire... He should already have something run, but it was only for his front stage amp so I'm not sure what gauge he was using so we may be running a new run. I'll get some pictures of everything when its done..

Amps are going under the rear seats.. As for speaker grills, I have no clue.. he wants to use the ones JL sells, but really we just need some that will be useful..

Can't wait for it all to be done.. Thinkin it should be pretty nice... I'll get mucho pics when its done... Not sure if I'll see him before the woofers come in.

Kold_Killa
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
sell the lawnmower?

Really?? Hahah... naw... I'm really fond of it.