PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit in Jaguar xk8

riffyb
02-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Im trying to get a new head unit im my Jag the only problem is I dont know which would fit and which wiring harness to use. I tried crutchfield with no help.

Can anyone help me?

its a 98 Jag xk8.

thanks alot

Mcintoshman
02-20-2008, 01:27 AM
How do you like your Jag? I just traded my 2002 S Type for a 2005 XKR and LOVE IT!! Very Quick (400HP Stock and can be uped to around 550 with few mods) and Ultra looked at! Wow Love the Jags! People tend to think that they cost so much more than what you can buy them for and that is what I like.
I had the same issue with fitting my S type with a Head Unit. I am not sure of the layout of the Head Unit in the 98 XK but my S-Type had to be hard wired and a Double Din had to be custom fit do to no kits being made!

I do not know if you want to up the performance but I got all my performance parts from Paramount Performance in the UK. Great Peaople and the build lots of these kind of cars and have several options from full exhaust to computer remapping with awesome turn outs!

Good Luck with your car!

riffyb
02-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Thanks.. Actually I love it. Debadged it. put a remus exhaust on. Thats about it. I did at one point have an l7 and a Kx 800.2 in the back. but it was off the factory HU.. anyways. its awesome sleek and still fast. I ranwith my friends 545. it was fun

hillbillyinohio
02-20-2008, 01:59 AM
checked both metra and scosche, no-one offers something for you. take a pic of your dash and I will see what I can come up with for mounting options, but I believe wiring for the radio will be the same as this. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1207.html