PDA

View Full Version : Did I Do Something Wrong?

bolt01
02-18-2008, 01:50 AM
So I bought me a new set of Phoenix gold RSD 6.5 inch coaxial speakers for my car. Today I decided to install it into my car, I removed old factory speakers and since wires going into factory speakers was not red or black I took my multimeter and checked to see what wire was positive and what wire was negative. hooked wires to speaker and turned on my alpine cda 9886 and next think I know was that speaker started to smoke. I know for a fact that I wired the spaker currectly ( negative wire goes to negative on speaker and positive wire goes to postive on speaker ). rechecked the wires again useing my multimeter and wires was correct. My question is did I screw up or did I wire the speakers correctly?

blackbonnie
02-18-2008, 06:15 AM
the way you wire them has to do with the phase. if you put negative on positive and positive on negative they are just going to move the opposite direction of what the other one is at the same time. something else happened.

blackbonnie
02-18-2008, 06:15 AM
anything else you did when it started?

UndercoverPunk
02-18-2008, 06:18 AM
I thought you were going to be from Texas. :laugh:

savagebee
02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
lol

bolt01
02-18-2008, 03:19 PM
This morning I checked the amp and found that the only output getting any type of voltage is the left rear speaker output, it was reading about 26 VDC and the other speaker outputs was reading 0 VDC. Keep i n mind that the left rear speaker output was the one that burnt my brand new speaker. The voltage readings I got when the amp is on, and the speaker outputs that is reading 0 VDC is working fine meaning that speakers are working fine. Is voltage suppose to be coming out of the speaker outputs of the amp?