PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, a few box questions.

mrjoeyjiffy
02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi all, as the title says im new to the forum and pretty new to car audio in general. But I've been doing a TON of research and listening over the last month or two and I think I've finally got the products I want figured out.

ANYWAYS, I plan on building a sealed box for 2 JBL W12Gti MkII's in the back of my 2001 tahoe. Ive heard good things about having it faced up a bit torward the window, and I was wondering what everyone's thought is on that. Yes, I am aware the angle will not be too sharp unless the box is really tall due to the mounting depth of the speakers, but in an SUV will it be worth the extra work to make a wedge style over a straight back firing setup? any help is much appreciated.

zierbox
02-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Go ported and fire to the rear

Kold_Killa
02-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about the wedge, too much work for not a whole lot of gain

Most with SUVs swear by subs straight up and port towards the rear...

BrianChia
02-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Are you keeping the 3rd row seats?

mrjoeyjiffy
02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
I already took the third row seats out, speaking of if anyone wants some theyre gray leather make an offer ;). Anyways I really dont want to do ported, ive done a bunch of research and i may do ported in the future, but i figure if i make a sealed box and its not loud enough i could make a ported, but if i made a ported and it sounded like **** it would be a lot of work for nothing, so at this point im going to build a sealed box.